[ADMN/SEC] VanishNoPacket 3.14.2 - Invisibility made easy! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by mbaxter, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Some questions:
    Does this work alongside Ore to client obfuscation ? As i'm planning on adding both and both interfere with packets.
    Can I please have a list of all permissions systems this works with? I'm planning on leaning Permissions 2.x soon :/
    (Which really sucks, the amount of Permissions plugins available has made a mess of everything).

2. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

It would have to be only for spoutcraft clients, correct. I've added this to the to-do list :)
    Assuming you use the new version of the plugin which talks with Spout instead of the one that replaces files, it should work great.

As for permissions systems, it works with any system that supports superperms, such as permissionsbukkit, permissionsEx, bPermissions, etc. All of these new permissions plugins are designed to use the 'superperms' system of bukkit (and I believe most or all of them have a 'bridge' for supporting the old Permissions system).

'Superperms' is a system where developers don't need to choose a permissions plugin to support and update their code when popular plugins change, it changes it to a standard built into bukkit itself. The different plugins I just mentioned are just for managing permissions on your server to make it easier than defining every permission separately for each user.

3. Offline

EssentialsTeam

mbaxter likes this.
  4. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

1.5.2 -
    • Fixed silly bug involving Essentials hook. Recommended update for Essentials users.

5. Offline

TheBeast808

Any chance of adding the Permissions plugin support? I don't have a clue how to setup the default bukkit's permissions.

6. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Permissions is an abandoned plugin. VanishNoPacket works great with current plugins such as PermissionsEx, PermissionsBukkit and bPermissions. There are even conversion tools (links posted earlier in the thread) for coming from Permissions :)

7. Hello this is really good plugin.

It would be nice if people without the vanish.seeall permission was still notified when they themselves went vanish

It would also be nice if the vanish.seeall permission got decentralised a bit more, so people who can seeall was not notified when someone went invisible. it would be nice if this was a seperate permission. For example vanish.AnnounceOther

8. Offline

DylanP

I was wondering if you have a separate version of VNPacket that allows you to do /fakequit (or /fq) and /fakejoin (or /fj), /nopickups (or /np) and disable aggro mobs while you're vanished?

I really want to use this plugin of yours but without that functionality I can not switch from VanishNoPickup that comes w/ Essentials.

9. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

@po5
    Adding to to-do list:
    Decouple vanish changes and vanish announcements into the announceother like permission as you describe.
    Tell vanishing user their new status regardless of permissions.

@DylanP
    Can you describe a situation where you would want to be toggling pickup or aggro in the middle of being vanished? As for faking joins/quits I can add those as configuration options. Sorry I didn't catch you in IRC, I was busy dying in another videogame.

10. Offline

DylanP

On my server I sometimes like to /fakequit so I can play in peace without my players talking to me about things like can you add this plugin or that plugin to the server or help me with this or that? When I do that I'm usually mining so being able to pick up the diamonds I find would be nice :)

Aggro, I wouldn't want to toggle and I don't see a situation where someone would need to.

But toggling pickups is definitely something I'd like to have.

11. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Alright, I've done the initial code writing for:
    1. Toggling
      • seeing other vanished players
      • nopickup
      • nofollow
      • damage (both ways separate)
    2. Fake announcements:
      • quit
      • join
    I'll be testing it some time soon and then releasing.

12. Offline

DylanP

With the fake quit and join; does it hide you from /list, /who, etc?

I use Essentials, btw, but support for other plugins like CommandBook would be nice as I may be moving to it soon.

13. Offline

LeetPowerCraft

Hi, just wanted to say that this plugin is working great for us, just a small problem. I have myself set to admin on the server and access to all permissions with '*' (using PEX).

When I join the server it says that I've joined as invisible and to type /vanish to reappear. Now, when I do /vanish check it says that I'm not invisible despite having just logged in. I then type /vanish and it says that I have now vanished? Doing /vanish check again says that I'm now invisible. Typing /vanish for a third time says that I have now appeared and joined the game.

I know this sounds really confusing, I tried putting it into words the best way I could think of. Here's some screenshots to hopefully make things a lil clearer. :p
    Show Spoiler

Joining the server
    [​IMG]

/vanish check
    [​IMG]

/vanish
    [​IMG]

/vanish check
    [​IMG]

/vanish
    [​IMG]

Hope you can fix this odd dilemma.

14. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

._.

Adding that to my "omg wtf" list. I might not have a chance to fix it tonight, but soon.

15. Offline

DylanP

How's the new version coming along?

16. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Needs testing. I have real life issues to deal with for the next day or three, but I'll be able to work on it soon.

17. Offline

phaed

Bug:

Taking away "vanish.see" permissions from a group, for instance a lower class of moderators that don't have access to see vanished admins, will also make it so this group doesn't get any of the "Poof your vanished" messages. No good. The messaging should probably be tied to the "vanish.vanish" permission rather than the "vanish.see" permission.

18. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

fixed in next version as mentioned earlier :)

19. Offline

Raycrash

actually it makes more sense to only get this message if you are allowed to see them ?

20. Offline

andrewkm

Huge thanks for this! :D

21. Offline

DylanP

When is /fakequit and /fakejoin coming (and /fq, /fj aliases? and maybe even /poof as a /vanish alias?) to VNPacket?

:) Thanks.

22. Offline

w000rm

Seems to be having problems with bPermissions + essentials. Looks like it can't hook to essentials for some reason. I re-installed everything from scratch using PEX and it worked, any clue on what's going on?

23. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

As I said, I need to get time to test it. If you'd like you can compile your own version from github and see how it works, but it's not guaranteed to not crash and burn.
    Well, that makes no sense to me, as the essentials hook is not particularly related to permissions. So, unless your permissions aren't working on bPermissions at all, I can't see a reason for that to happen.

24. Offline

monir

I have all kommands as owner on my server but my admins have all kommands and vanish kommand dont work for them but it works for me why is that?

25. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Please answer these questions:

Are you op?
    Are your admins op?
    What permissions plugin are you using?
    What vanish permissions have you given yourself?
    What vanish permissions have you given the admins?

26. Offline

monir

i use yeti perm
    and they are not in op map they only have permissions
    im in op map and have the * for all plugs

27. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

If by "yeti perm" you mean the old Permissions plugin, then I'm sorry but you need to update to a plugin that isn't abandoned and supports superperms. :)

28. Offline

monir

i use 3.1.5 is that old wich perm do i need?

29. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Try PermissionsEx

30. Offline

faelin

Mobs can see me. Wtf? xD