Inactive [ADMN/SEC] Regios v5.0.01 - Advanced Region Management! + Multi-World, Protection + More![1.0.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Adamki11s, May 3, 2011.

1. Regio's - Advanced Region Management! + Multiworld support, protection, entry control, health control, movement control, custom messages and more!
    Version : 5.0.01

Changelog :​
    Version 5.0.01 : Fixed NPE's regarding ChunkGrids & Regions​
    Version 5.0.0 : Updated for 1.0.0 and fixed glaring protection issues.​
    Version 4.0.80 : Mobs Fixed and Economy Support for iConomy6 (Thanks to Pianosaurus)​
    Version 4.0.71 : Complete Recode.​

2. Offline

heroanth2345

Weird, for me, these two plugins run perfectly

3. That's what I thought :p

4. Offline

FXStrato

Adam, maybe you can ask for the source of iZones, the creator has flags up, maybe that might speed up the process. I like your commands a bit better than his, and the coloring. :D

5. Offline

SirHedgehog

Please don't turn this into bloatware. I will be switching my protection plugin to this soon though (once you have region expanding).

If you have to add loads of features, please keep it modular (expansion plugins).

Also you should consider going open source. I was helping on Residence for a bit but it's too bloated for my liking.

6. Offline

ephesian

lol u and your long commands :p so you no longer working on zones?, just a thought maybe the owner of the regoin can build/destroy while its protected, and add people and admins to the regoin to do that, also how bad would it be ot do something like from this flag to this flag is pvp only in that regoin, and another flag to flag and certain commands for people who want to mass build and use /item and as some people like to play survival where they cannot use /item *.

7. Offline

StCloud

Amazing plugin! Very fast, but tons of content. Do you think you could change it so that regions have welcome and exit messages off by default? Or at least have an option for the default to be false in the config file?

Also, Several of the commands conflict with WorldGuard. It's hard to pick between the two when WorldGuard has extra commands and very robust tnt, fire, and creeper protection.

8. Maybe :p
    What do you mean by bloatware?
    This a massive improvement of Zones so yes I'll be working on this instead?
    Thanks :D, welcome/exit messages can be enabled or disabled for each zone /regions showleave/showwelcome<regionname> <true/false>
    I've had a few other people mention this, what commands does it conflict with, I may have to change the primary command a little.

9. Offline

SirHedgehog

Bloatware as in add way too many non critical features until it becomes slow and difficult to configure.

10. I won't let it become bloatware, I was aware before I released this that I would need to add a few features.

11. Offline

RaCooN

This plug-in is at version 1.2, still it seems more complete then most other plug-ins which are at version 2.xxx. Very, very good job! Will install it straight away on my server, also keep this plug-in nice and simple. As already been mentioned, no bloatcode :p Clean, simple and effective.
    One other question: I presume the answer is yes but I'll ask it anyway, does this work with WorldGuard and WorldEdit? Some plug-ins seem to hate these two :eek:

SirHedgehog likes this.
  12. Offline

TBK

It is a complete rewrite, normally in software development it requires a couple of big releases before the software becomes feature complete and optimized.

Several people have reported that they could run both alongside Regions, but supposedly WorldGuard should have a conflict because both mods have named some of the commands the same.

But it doesn't make sense to run Regions and WorldGuard.

13. Offline

StCloud

Basically WorldGuard starts one or two of its commands with /regions and the rest with region. Also, I think they both use "/regions info" and "/regions list". Changing the name of your plugin would be a bit much, but it would get rid of the conflict. Maybe tweak the main command just a tiny bit? You should try running them yourself to see.

EDIT: WorldGuard uses /region or /regions for its commands. Probably for flexibility, but it keeps me from being able to use yours at the same time.

14. Hmm, I see the conflict now. It would be possible to change the commands but I would like to keep everything as unsing /regions for simplicity. Hopefully my plugin will catch up with world guard pretty soon and then you can decide which one you want to use as mentioned by @TBK.
    It works with both however there seem to be some issues when using /regions list or /regions info and the two plugins clash, as you can see above in this response I'm aiming for Regions to be as good, if not better than world guard, so soon my plugin should be up to speed. :D

EDIT: It works 100% with world EDIT but a has a few conflicts with world guard when using /regions list and /regions info

Version 1.3 released :D

Ability to expand your regions as requested. Also fixed a minor issue and reformatted how /regions info displays region info.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  15. Offline

RaCooN

Very nice! Are there any other features we can expect to see in the near future? As the development of this plug-in is so fast, I can barely wait until the next release lol
    Well yes, you've got a point there. I figured 2 is better then 1, but clashing plug-ins is a situation you want to avoid. Thanks for the explanation btw!

16. I could change the command prefix to /reg but I'd like to stick with regions. I think when I get this complete, or nearly complete it will be as good, if not better than world guard so you can choose one or the other. As for planned updates there is a spoiler button at the top of this post but as of now besides looking into mobzones protection and pvp areas nothing yet.

17. Offline

TBK

Plz stick with /regions, I have a hard enough time remembering them already, having to relearn them is just it more then I can handle (I got 70+ mods on my server) xD

18. Offline

ZachBora

Maybe theres a way to detect if a command has been already assigned and unassign it before you assign yours? But I doupt it's that simple, I think the problem is more about WorldGuard loading last and overwritting your commands.

19. Probably, Once I've finish the plugin will probably be able to do most things that world guard can do so you can choose between the two :p

20. Offline

TBK

Makes sense if the plugins are loaded alphabetically.

21. World guard might be overriding commands by default, by the way I also plan to add the option to enable/disable unlimited health in regions :D

22. Offline

ronix

Wow, steadily improving - very cool!

23. Hopefully I'll get unlimited health in regions and mod spawns working soon :D

24. Offline

ZachBora

Something I was wondering, what does the region file look like? Can it be edited/viewed from outside minecraft without too much problem?

I recently had a problem with worldguard where some idiot placed a giant region and I couldn't get in game to check it. Looking at worldguard config easily showed the problem and I edited it by hand and ran a /worldguard reload from the console.

Will I be able to do the same with this? Can I run the commands from console? A lot of plugins out there throw that "requires a player" error and that shouldn't happen if you also handle OP.

25. Yes it shouldn't be too difficult. What you need to do is open up the .db file in notepad and search for the name of the player who created the huge region. It will look like this
    RegionOwnerX=Playername where x is the region identifier, it will be an integer, from there I suggest you find out the name RegionNameX=name again, x will be the identifier. You can then delete or modify the points of this region in-game. That would be my recommendation :D

VERSION 1.4 released :D

Bringing you speedy updates as usual :p

v1.4 - Ability to toggle health on and off in regions. Configure creeper spawning and explosions in the config file. Ability to reload the config file in-game /regions reloadconfig. Updated /regions info to show health toggle of the region. Added another page to the in-game help menu.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  26. Offline

StCloud

'Regio' is the Latin word for area, region, or district if you want a catchier name, but it doesn't matter. The unlimited health addition swayed me! I'm using this instead of WorldGuard. Great plugin!

27. I like the sound but I think regions is simpler and easier. Thanks for the support :D

28. Offline

ShadowDrakken

does this protect from wild fire, or just from player edits?

really wanting to avoid WorldGuard if it can be helped, but I need something that can protect regions from fire that spreads from outside the region as well as from intentional editing

also, I saw mention of creeper protection... how is that setup here? I like creepers to injure players, but prefer them not to damage terrain for instance

29. As of now it just prevents player edits but I am working on a more permanent, robust solution. As for creeper description it works exactly as described except it is impossible to allow the creeper to damage the player without exploding because even when cancelling the onExplode event the creeper still disappears.

30. Offline

ShadowDrakken

That's two problems... first, your description doesn't say anything, which is why I asked in teh first place

And secondly, FriendlyCreepy prevents explosion damaging terrain but still damages the player, just needs updated for b740. and BlastControl turns off the explosions and gives creepers a normal attack like other mobs. So it IS possible.

31. Ok, I didn't know that.

And if you bothered to read the post fully you would see that I explain about creepers in the spoiler for config file.