Inactive [ADMN/RPG] Jail - Jail bad players

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matejdro, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Offline

matejdro

Jail

This plugins adds Jail to your minecraft server. Admins can define several jails and then jail/unjail people or jail them on time basis. Plugin also offers wide variety of protections, so players won't escape out of your jail.

See BukkitDev page for more information and download links: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/jail/
    (you can use your minecraft forum username and password on BukkitDev)

2. Offline

andrewkm

Thank you for the testing. I will try what you suggested.
    Just tried everything you said.
    And indeed you are correct. Everything Themadman697 said is true. Tried it like he did :)
    Anyways its not a problem. I dont necessarily need it to work.

3. Offline

Rick

Im note sure what you mean. I have PlayerName, RemainTime, JailName, Offline and TransferDest in jail_prisoners table

4. Offline

XNinjaX

I have a question. I have the ijobs plugin, and i have a police member who made a jail, so how would i let only him use the /jail commands without letting him be admin or op?

5. Offline

andrewkm

Permissions 2.7

6. Offline

matejdro

So don't have either reason or muted column? And it still throws error?

I think i have figured out, what is wrong with jailcheck. Does jaillist works same way (command.* allows use of it)?

7. Offline

Rick

I've never seen the muted column. Without the reason and muted column, it gets stuck at Updating database. If I close it and reopen then I get the duplicate reason column error but it will load.

8. Offline

matejdro

But reason is not creared?

9. Offline

Rick

it does create it but it gets stuck somewhere in the process. Is there a way to cnvert back to sqlite from mysql?

10. Offline

andrewkm

I had problems converting to mysql as well...
    I just deleted my old database, and new one it sorta created, restarted fresh with mysql and its ggreat.
    I mean really is this plugin LWC?
    If you have like 5-10 jails... shouldnt be hard to recreate them, and whoever is jailed just write it down and rejail them... (I dont see the need for a conversion with this plugin)

11. Offline

marcusbest

with this plugin i have two bug:
    1 bug:when un prison is jailated can pass through the door lockaed with LWC plugin
    2 bug: when the prison go to sleep and press alt+f4,when reopen the game,the prison is top the building
    is possible fix this ploblems?thanks for all

12. Offline

lolzrofl

Does this work with #733?

13. Offline

matejdro

@Rick Try manually creating mute column

Code:
    ALTER TABLE jail_prisoners ADD muted boolean
    @marcusbest 1. i don't do anything with LWC. I recommend you put an iron door inside jail so they can't destroy it instead of LWC. 2. what? Sorry, i don't understand this one.

@lolzrofl it should.

14. Offline

Chris Lewis

I know this was a error in the syntax of my command, but perhaps instead of throwing a server error it would just use the unknown command error?
    CB 733
    When i use the correct syntax of the command this doesnt happen but when using the command /jail (player) (playername) it throws this error cause its looking for a time frame... perhaps this could be fixed?
    *new Problems*
    1st is really a feature request. When you delete a jail it doesnt give you a confirmation message saying the jail has been deleted, thats something that needs to happen.
    2nd is another bug this one is most important one i have run in to. When using the reload command in the bukkit command console, this plugin now cuases it to freeze. I use the reload command quite frequently to add or update files without restarting the server, this plugin will have to be removed until it no longer causes this issue!!! This did not happen on 5.6 and the old DB. Once upgrading to 6.1 and the new DB it started causing this!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  15. Offline

Haduke

I have followed the directions completely and whenever I try and jail someone, I get an internal server error in red on my game screen. Then when I try again, it tells me that the person is in jail, yet they are standing right beside me outside the jail. When I try to clear them out, it says either the player does not exsist, or that they are offline when they are not. I have the latest version of Bukkit and Minecraft. Can anyone offer me any insight on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!

16. Offline

matejdro

@Chris Lewis warning added to my todo list, but it's not really high priority since plugin works fine without it.

1nd) i thought i added this in 0.6. Are you sure you have newest version?

2nd) any errors in console?

@Haduke please paste error from console.

17. Offline

blutherz

@ all

Have somebody a mini howto for configuring worldedit & worldguard on automatic jail player if they grief?
    Jail works fine for me when i manually jailed a player but i dream of a automatic "jailed" of guest or player who grief a region where they are not allowed

18. Offline

matejdro

Plugin that detects griefing must support jail plugin for that.

19. Offline

blutherz

does worldguard do this or which plugin i must take?

20. Offline

matejdro

I'm not sure. I think there is only one plugin that supports it (i think it's something with chatting). But i guess you can ask author of the WorldGuard to support jailing.

blutherz likes this.
  21. Offline

NightStalk3r

Anyone got this working properly on #733?

My Console and logfile are getting spammed to death with errors when someone is in jail.

Code:
    2011-04-26 19:21:40 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_TELEPORT to Jail
    java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$Single.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.newSingle(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.atom(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.sequence(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.expr(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.String.split(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.String.split(Unknown Source)
        at com.matejdro.bukkit.jail.Jail.Message(Jail.java:105)
        at com.matejdro.bukkit.jail.JailPlayerPrevent.onPlayerMove(JailPlayerPrevent.java:76)
        at com.matejdro.bukkit.jail.JailPlayerPrevent.onPlayerTeleport(JailPlayerPrevent.java:90)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$8.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:248)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.teleport(NetServerHandler.java:352)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.teleport(CraftPlayer.java:193)
        at com.matejdro.bukkit.jail.JailPlayerPrevent.onPlayerMove(JailPlayerPrevent.java:78)
    My log file grew to 6mb in a matter of 30 seconds or so.

22. Offline

matejdro

Can i see your config file?

23. Offline

NightStalk3r

For the server or for the plugin?

24. Offline

matejdro

plugin.

25. Offline

NightStalk3r

Sure, it's the default file generated.

Code:
    BucketProtection = true #Should we protect prisoners against using buckets?
    MessageJailReason = §cYou have been jailed! Reason: <Reason>
    PlayerMoveProtection = true #Should we protect prisoners against moving out of jail?
    PlayerMovePenalty = 30 #For how much time is prisoner's time increased if he tries to move out of jail. Use 0 to disable penalty.
    MySQLPassword = password #MySQL Password (only if using MySQL)
    MessageMute = Stop chatting and quietly wait for the end of your sentence!
    MessageDestroyPenalty = §cDo not destroy The Jail! You have just earned additional 15 minutes in jail!
    FireProtection = true #Should we protect prisoners against starting fires?
    BlockDestroyPenalty = 15 #For how much time is prisoner's time increased if he tries to destroy jail. Use 0 to disable penalty.
    MessageFirePenalty = §cDo not try to burn the jail! You have just earned additional 15 minutes in jail!
    BlockPlacePenalty = 10 #For how much time is prisoner's time increased if he tries place block inside jail. Use 0 to disable penalty.
    MessageDestroyNoPenalty = §cDo not destroy The Jail!
    MessageMovePenalty = §cDo not try to escape out of Jail! You have just earned additional 30 minutes in jail!!
    AutomaticMute = false #Should prisoners be automatically muted after jailing?
    MessageCommandPenalty = §cDo not try to escape with commands! You have just earned additional 10 minutes in jail!
    PreventCommands = /spawn,/kill,/warp #Which commands should we prevent from using in jail?
    MySQLConn = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/minecraft #MySQL Connection string (only if using MySQL)
    BlockDestroyProtection = true #Should jail be protected against destroying it?
    SelectionTool = 268 #What tool is used to create jail zones. Default: Wooden sword.
    MessageFireNoPenalty = §cDo not try to burn the jail!
    MessageCommandNoPenalty = §cDo not try to escape with commands!
    BucketPenalty = 10 #For how much time is prisoner's time increased if he tries to use a bucket? Use 0 to disable penalty.
    MessageTransfer = §9You have been transferred to another jail!
    MessageMoveNoPenalty = §cDo not try to escape out of Jail!
    DeleteInventoryOnJail = false #Should we delete player's inventory when jailing?
    MessageJail = §cYou have been jailed!
    CommandPenalty = 10 #For how much time is prisoner's time increased if he tries to use forbidden command. Use 0 to disable penalty.
    MySQLUsername = root #MySQL Username (only if using MySQL)
    MessageBucketPenalty = §cDo not try to flood the jail! You have just earned additional 10 minutes in jail!
    NearestJailCode = nearest #If you enter this as a jail name, it will automatically search for nearest jail.
    BlockPlaceProtection = true #Should jail be protected against placing blocks in it it?
    UseMySQL = false #true = use MySQL database / false = use SQLLite
    MessagePlaceNoPenalty = §cDo not place blocks inside Jail!
    MessageUnJail = §2You have been released! Please respect server rules.
    MessagePlacePenalty = §cDo not place blocks inside Jail! You have just earned additional 10 minutes in jail!
    MessageBucketNoPenalty = §cDo not try to flood the jail!
    FirePenalty = 10 #For how much time is prisoner's time increased if he tries to start a fire? Use 0 to disable penalty.

26. Offline

matejdro

Do you get message spam when jailed?

27. Offline

NightStalk3r

The only time it happens is when someone is jailed, if i unjail them the errors stop.

28. Offline

matejdro

What about in client? Do you also get messages?

29. Offline

Pythros

I get the same problem with the /jailcheck as I do with /jailstatus as others have mentioned on the previous page. With jail v0.6.1 and cb 700.

30. Offline

NightStalk3r

Yes constantly spammed with "Do not try to escape out of Jail!" in the client

31. Offline

matejdro

Did you mark both floor and ceiling in the jail? Is jail enough big, so person can stand in it?