Inactive [ADMN/INFO] MineBans v0.8 - A Fair Global Banning System [1.2.5-R4.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Jacek, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Offline

Jacek

I'll add an option for compact join info in the config. Personally I like the full list ;) I see what you mean about removed bans, it's just there for info really since it's one of the things that can be counted form the database. If a player has hundreds of removed bans it might be that they are somehow tricking admins into removing them I guess.

You have to enter their email address. Honestly I have no idea why I didn’t make it the player name ! I'll change that now.

What was the issue ? I can't really just delete an account without knowing the person who owns it is allowing me to. Maybe you could get him to email [email protected] from the email address he signed up with ?

2. Offline

Tauryuu

Now this happens. :<

Code:
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] SEVERE [MineBans v0.3.2]: Unable to contact the API. Responce: E04 - The request must be made from the servers IP.
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] INFO [MineBans] Failed to fetch info for 'Tauryuu'.
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] INFO [MineBans] Server Responce: E04 - The request must be made from the servers IP.
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] SEVERE Could not pass event PlayerPreLoginEvent to MineBans
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] INFO java.lang.NullPointerException
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] INFO at com.minebans.PlayerLoginListener.processPlayerInfoData(PlayerLoginListener.java:49)
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] INFO    at com.minebans.PlayerLoginListener.onPlayerPreLogin(PlayerLoginListener.java:145)
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] INFO    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] INFO    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] INFO    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] INFO    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:301)
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] INFO    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:443)
    17.03 19:17:02 [Server] INFO    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadLoginVerifier.run(ThreadLoginVerifier.java:45)

3. Offline

Jacek

Tauryuu So it is the IP, odd. Okay give me 5 minutes to try something :)

Okay I only needed 1 minute, try the lookup again ? It should now tell you the two IP addresses in the errors message. can you paste the whole thing here again ?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  4. Offline

Tauryuu

17.03 19:31:26 [Server] INFO Disconnecting Tauryuu [/69.125.67.144:51451]: You are not white-listed on this server!
    17.03 19:31:26 [Server] INFOat net.minecraft.server.ThreadLoginVerifier.run(ThreadLoginVerifier.java:45)
    17.03 19:31:26 [Server] INFOat org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:443)
    17.03 19:31:26 [Server] INFOat org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    17.03 19:31:26 [Server] INFOat org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:301)
    17.03 19:31:26 [Server] INFOat java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
    17.03 19:31:26 [Server] INFOat sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    17.03 19:31:26 [Server] INFOat sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    17.03 19:31:26 [Server] INFOat sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    17.03 19:31:26 [Server] INFOat com.minebans.PlayerLoginListener.onPlayerPreLogin(PlayerLoginListener.java:145)
    17.03 19:31:26 [Server] INFOat com.minebans.PlayerLoginListener.processPlayerInfoData(PlayerLoginListener.java:49)
    17.03 19:31:26 [Server] INFO java.lang.NullPointerException
    17.03 19:31:26 [Server] SEVERE Could not pass event PlayerPreLoginEvent to MineBans
    17.03 19:31:26 [Server] INFO [MineBans] Server Responce: E04 - The request must be made from the servers IP. Your IP: '173.208.179.194' Servers IP: '173.208.179.200'

(backwards again)

The /whitelist in this plugin is conflicting with whitelist plugins (the default whitelist, too). Could it be changed to /exemptban ?

5. Offline

Jacek

Well there it is. Your IP address is somehow not the same as the one that the domain you entered resolved to.

The domain play.guilds.embarker.us points to the IP 173.208.179.200 which is the address you used to register the server. But you are making the API request from a different IP. The request has to come from the same server that is linkes with the API key to help prevent abuse if API keys are not kept private.

6. Offline

Tauryuu

Hm. 173.208.179.194 isn't my IP though.

7. Offline

Jacek

What kind of server do you run ? could it be that it has multiple network interfaces and Java is using the wrong one to contact the API ?

8. Offline

Tauryuu

I rent a server. That could be the reason why.

9. Offline

Jacek

Version 0.4 (important changes only)

Added an evidence display for x-ray, example http://minebans.com/view_player.html?player_name=cowry1003&ban_id=83

Fixed a bug with the plugin that prevented evidence being collected for some ban reasons.

Changed the /whitelist command to /exempt (the permission also changed to fit this)

Updating is strongly recommended :)

Tauryuu likes this.
  10. Offline

dark_hunter

Jacek - Can't seem to get this going, I followed adding my server to your website and installing the plugin, but the folder and the config file never got created, what am I doing wrong?

11. Offline

Jacek

When does happen when you start the server ? do you see any messages from the plugin ?

12. Offline

dark_hunter

Yes.
    Code:
    MineBans: Enabling MineBans v0.4
    MineBans: v0.4]: Disabled.

13. Offline

Jacek

The only thing that would cause the plugin to disable before the config file is created is if your server is not in online mode but if it was that it would have told you that that was the reason.

14. Offline

dark_hunter

Just figured out that I am in offline mode, won't discuss why I am here, so I guess I will have to remove this, thanks anyway. =/

15. Offline

Jacek

In offline mode a player can connect with any name they chose, rendering a global ban system pointless anyway.

I thought of a nice way to do this this morning. How about an option to have all servers that are registered to your account share bans ?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

dark_hunter

Yes, witch is why I have respected your wishes in not letting offline mode be used. I would be a good plugin to use, but I just can't set my server to online, and I really don't want to discuss it here.

How would that work? Sounds interesting.

17. Offline

Jacek

Best way to explain is to compare to e McBans system, they have a feature called server lists where you can add any number of servers to lists that will share bans. So for a global ban on one server that is a member of the list the player will be locally banned from all other members of it.

So my idea is to scrap the whole lists thing and just uses servers with the same admin id. Much simpler :)

18. Offline

dark_hunter

Also check the PM I sent you. :)

19. Offline

Jacek

I did. You don't need to bug me here too.

20. Offline

TheLimaBeanman

How about a 'Server Info' page with the Server Description and Server IP if they want the IP to be public?
    (On the website of course.)

21. Offline

Jacek

Yep I always planned to add a kind of server list, or at least show the IP in on the ban page. Opt-in of course :)

22. Offline

LinkterSHD

This is epic. Much better than MCBans. But we need to make this popular

23. Offline

Jacek

I think so too ! And comments like that make it worth potentially failing my upcoming exams to code the thing :D

The curse of any startup, nobody wants to use it because nobody uses it.

Version 0.5

Added an option to use a more compact join message. No more chat spam on busy servers.

version 0.5.1

No longer prints the amount of time a player has left on a temp ban when they try to connect.

Someone just spammed my server and now I have an 8MB log file full of numbers ;)

Third consecutive update post, this is like Minecraft 1.7 all over again !

Version 0.5.2

Corrected the unTempBan() method using the wrong check and an infinite recursion in the unbanPlayer() method

If you used any temp bans you should update as soon as possible :) Infinite recursion => massive log spam then they can join anyway

24. Offline

Mayney

lol

Anyway, I require an urgent bug fix! A few users are suddenly being unbanned when they connect! And we cannot unban/reban them!

It always says this when they join:
    MineBans: v0.5.2]: [MineBans v0.5.2] Magnorasus has been unbanned from the server.
    MineBans: v0.5.2]: Magnorasus (136.169.11.208) was allowed to join the server.

And I sometimes get this as well:

2012-03-19 10:06:27 [INFO] [MineBans v0.5.2]: The API failed to respond quick enough, trying again with more time. The player will be allowed to join for now.
    2012-03-19 10:06:27 [INFO] [MineBans v0.5.2]: The API failed to respond quick enough, trying again with more time. The player will be allowed to join for now.

Also I noticed when the global ban reason is not recognised it tells you it isnt, maybe when you do the local bans with reasons you could make it so if it isnt a valid global ban reasons it automatically bans them locally unless they use /ban g [name] [reason] or /ban l [name] [reason]

25. Offline

Jacek

What type of ban did these players have ? If it was temp it might be that it had expired. And what do you mean by can't unban/reban them ? What happens when you try ?

Don't need to worry about that too much, the server is given quite a short time to respond to the API request. If it does not manage in that time it is given longer but the player is given the benefit of the doubt until the data is received. If they are still online when it replies and they are above the limits they will be kicked.

26. Offline

Mayney

It says this player is already banned, or we cant unban them.

Also, this is currently conflicting with voxelsniper, if you could make a way to disable /b as an alias command that would be great.

27. Offline

Jacek

Okay there was an issue with the dispute system that might have caused that problem which I just fixed, luckily it was a problem with the API and not the plugin.

So now the problem is why cant you unban / ban them again :s What is the exact message that you get when trying to ban / unban ?

Mayney Since you just mass banned a heap of players I'll assuming you fixed it and go and make dinner.

Sorry for the issue though, a very minor oversight on my part clearly caused quite a headache. Will be more careful with the code I write at 2AM from now on ;)

Don't let it put you off. New systems always have teething problems, not normally quite as bad but hey.

I have done some serious testing and concluded that the problem is with the ban message more than anything. The "X has been unbanned" will show up when a player is automatically unbanned as well as manually. The auto unban happens when they join if a temp ban has expired or if they have won a ban appeal. Every ban I issued form my server was correctly written to the file and uploaded to the database where necessary.

Hopefully that didn't come off the wrong way, I'm not trying to hide a problem to save face. Please let me know if anything goes wrong :)

28. Offline

Mayney

I was kinda expecting some problems, however so far they have not been as annoying as the many glitches I have on another well built and popular ones *not going to mention names however you should know*

After looking into it some more, the player Magnorasus was banned globally due to using xray and some other hacks, however as mentioned before it said that he was unbanned. It wasn't temporary and there wasn't an appeal to my knowledge, I can still see the past evidence of his previous global ban:

MineBans: Summary for Magnorasus
    CONSOLE: Total bans on record: 0
    CONSOLE: Bans in the last 24 hours: 0
    CONSOLE: Bans that have been removed: 1

Is there anyway to see how that ban was removed as it might have been by the website as it was a global ban. As for the player qwakers who you saw connect after being locally banned idk. My bans file might have rolled back after I crash of some sort idk, however bukkit is currently unstable so it might be something to do with that.

However once the unban message is fixed it should fix most things :D

Thanks for the quick support :)

Oh wait! I did accept an appeal from another user before all this happened! There might be a glitch with that causing this players ban to be removed!

29. Offline

Jacek

It was, instead of checking the players ban to see if it was appealed I checked all bans made by the server. Derp ;)

That must have been one of the players that connected while the bug was up and after you accepted the appeal. I will fix any of these in the database since it will be pretty easy to see the removed bans that have not had an appeal.

Didn't you say you reissued the ban ? As in /unban qwakers /ban qwakers. It didn't happen on join since (I don't think anyway) I saw them connect again.

I try :)

Actually it looks like just that one player.

Well, if anything else happens let me know ! I'm pretty confident there are no more auto-unbanning bugs though.

X has previous bans, /lookup X, X has rep = 1.2. Yes the server limit is set at 9 ! That's why I started this ;)

30. Offline

TheLimaBeanman

You rock son. I will defiantly use MineBans for my up-coming server.