Inactive [ADMN/GEN/MISC] GUI Creator 1.6.6 - Make GUIs with no programming! [Spout][1.2.5-R4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by coldandtired, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Offline

coldandtired

[​IMG]

Full details on the BukkitDev page found here.

Updated to support up to 80 custom buttons with no coding needed. Read the BukkitDev page to learn how.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  2. Offline

Evotr1p197

Hello coldandtired! : )

I realy like this Plugin and realy wanna make, that it runs perfekt on my Server, but ive "didn't" set any Permissions and
    "Annyone" can open the Console...! : / But when they click on things like Kick, theyve got no perms if their Rank isnt high
    enought! How can i make, that no one without me can open the GUI? I know your Permission note:

Admin_GUI.can_open_GUI

But this useless if anyone can open it without the note..^^

My Second Problem is: When i select a Button my Console got flamed with:

"GenericButton belonging to Admin GUI does not have a default size!"

Any Solutions? Thank You! : )

Evotr1p197

PS: Please excuse my bad Grammar! c( :

3. Offline

coldandtired

Are you using PermissionsEX? It seems it doesn't follow the SuperPerms standard properly and I've had a few reports recently of this happening :(
    This was fixed in the latest version. It's possible I forgot to update the link on this page so you can get it from the BukkitDev page.

Although, I've just released the successor to this plugin, which you can find here. The config is very different but it allows you to make a much more powerful GUI.

4. Offline

Evotr1p197

Will it be Easy to Import Data From "Admin GUI"? : )

Thanks for your Awnser!

Evotr1p197

5. Offline

coldandtired

The screens files will have to be recreated as they are now YAML files, but the new way is much easier than the old way so it should only take a few minutes to make them again.

6. Offline

Evotr1p197

Oke, i tried your Plugin using "Group Manager" and it happened the Same! : /

Everybody can open the GUI.. : S

It will be realy great, if you can Fix it! : )

Evotr1p197

7. Offline

coldandtired

I think I've found out why. I'll get an update uploaded in the next hour.

@Evotr1p197
    The update is here. Can you check if it works for me please?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

Dominic

This looks amazing! will have to give it a try

9. Offline

coldandtired

Thanks :) Although I recommend you use GUI Creator instead - it's much nicer!

10. Offline

Evotr1p197

Oke, ive tested your Updated Version with both (PermissionsEX / GroupManager) and the Result is:

You can't open the GUI with both Managers if you have Permission.
    You can't open the GUI with both Managers if you dont have Permission.

So its wayne if you have Permission or not, you can't open the GUI so or so! : /
    I did the example screen to the Screen folder, was that wrong? :S
    I would like, if you can upload me a folder of GUI_Creator, which works for you and
    we try it out again? : )

But with default settings, or using the "example" - screen, you cant open the GUI (Permissions dont Change)! : /

Note: The Update i downloaded was named "GUI_Creator", was that the right or is
    it "Admin_GUI"?

Thanks for your Awnsers! c( :

Your Plugin is Great! I hope this can be fixed! : )

Evotr1p197

11. Offline

coldandtired

Ah, possibly there was a misunderstanding. I only updated GUI Creator (as Admin GUI won't be updated anymore) so it needs a different permission - GUI_Creator.can_open_GUI, and by default it uses the G key to open.

12. Offline

Evotr1p197

I used GUI_Creator Permissions for testing, and Hotkey "G" for trying to open, and it fails! : /

Maybe i did something wrong, so can you upload me please a short configured Folder with

working Screenshot? : )

Sorry for missunderstanding! :S

Evotr1p197

13. Offline

coldandtired

Here it is. Without the permission GUI_Creator.can_open_GUI it shouldn't show the buttons.

14. Offline

Evotr1p197

Tested with PermissionsEX and:

Same Problem like before, can't open the GUI (if Permissions or not)! : /
    Hotkey used: "G"

So when i press "G" nothing happens..! And: My Console has no permissions to reload the Screens. :S

I've used ur GUI, pasted folder and .jar to the Plugins Folder, Console says its enabled.

Thanks for your Awnser! : )

EDIT: Tested with GroupManager and, Preventing System works perfectly! : ) Seems to be
    a PermissionsEX Bug! : /

Evotr1p197

15. Offline

coldandtired

Can you try this one? Try with GUI_Creator.can_open_GUI and gui_creator.can_open_gui.

16. Offline

Evotr1p197

Not working with PermissionsEX! : /

Thanks for Reply! : )

Evotr1p197

17. Offline

coldandtired

There must be something wrong with your permissions file. I ran a quick test and got it working as expected, but only if the permission was lower-case
    Code:
    groups:
        default:
            default: true
            permissions:
            - modifyworld.*
            - gui_creator.can_open_gui

18. Offline

Evotr1p197

I've copied your permission Node in my Permissions and see: It Worked!!! : )

I don't know, why it didn't worked bevore, because i wroted excactly the same

Node?!? ^^ Well, ive did something wrong.

Sorry for missunderstanding! : /

Thank you so much!

Great Plugin! Thanks for your Reply's! : )

Evotr1p197

Hey coldandtired,

ive got 3 Questions:

1.) is there a possibillity where i can see a list of online Players in the GUI?

2.) What to write after 'show_permission' ? : /

3.) Is there a possibillity to create Menus in 1 Screen? Like Page 1 / Page 2?

Realy Thank You for your Awnsers! : )

Evotr1p197

19. Offline

coldandtired

1. You use the special Slider, with a mode set to online_players or offline_players. See here for the documentation or here for an example layout with the sliders at the bottom.

2. You use show_permission if you want to hide the screen/controls from some users. For example show_permission: player.is.admin means that any player without this permission won't see the screen/controls.

3. It's half-ready and should be finished for the next update.

20. Offline

Evotr1p197

Have to Report something:

When you use the the Essentials "/broadcast" Command via Button while having the Console
    open, you don't see the "/broadcast" Message in Chat but others do! : )

Hope this Helps.

And one more Question:

Sorry, but i don't understand, what the "radio_button" does! : /
    Ive read the Wiki / Help, but didn't understood it, sorry! : S
    Can you explain it to me please in your own words? : )

I've tested out "GUI Creator" and I must tell you:

It is a realy great Plugin!
    Thanks for creating this Plugin! : )

Evotr1p197

Oke, on my main server i get this Message:

2012-01-03 14:40:59 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CUSTOM_EVENT to GUI Creator
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.System.lineSeparator()Ljava/lang/String;
    at me.coldandtired.GUI_Creator.GUI_checkbox.<init>(GUI_checkbox.java:39)
    at me.coldandtired.GUI_Creator.GUI_control.<init>(GUI_control.java:86)
    at me.coldandtired.GUI_Creator.GUI_screen.<init>(GUI_screen.java:52)
    at me.coldandtired.GUI_Creator.GUI.<init>(GUI.java:214)
    at me.coldandtired.GUI_Creator.Listener.onKeyReleasedEvent(Listener.java:32)
    at org.getspout.spoutapi.event.input.InputListener.onCustomEvent(InputListener.java:54)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$97.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:945)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
    at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketKeyPress.run(PacketKeyPress.java:77)
    at org.getspout.spout.packet.CustomPacket.a(CustomPacket.java:129)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:93)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:550)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:527)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    2012-01-03 14:41:00 [INFO] Disconnecting user CraftPlayer{name=xxfam0usxx} due to KICK_WHITELIST
    2012-01-03 14:41:00 [INFO] Disconnecting xxfam0usxx [/91.22.166.20:59052]: You are not white-listed on this server!
    2012-01-03 14:41:05 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CUSTOM_EVENT to GUI Creator
    at org.getspout.spoutapi.event.input.InputListener.onCustomEvent(InputListener.java:54)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$97.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:945)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
    2012-01-03 14:41:06 [INFO] /50.23.30.168:40273 lost connection
    2012-01-03 14:41:22 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CUSTOM_EVENT to GUI Creator

Any Ideas? : / Thanks.

Evotr1p197

21. Offline

coldandtired

@Evotr1p197
    You're still using an old version. That error has been fixed for a while :)

1.0 has just been released over on the BukkitDev page.

22. Offline

Evotr1p197

Thanks! Works perfekt on my Main Server! Gonny use it there as "Workspace" ! : )

Thanks for this Plugin! c( :

Evotr1p197

Can i make perform 2-3 or more Commands as the same Time using 1 Button?

Thank You!

Evotr1p197

23. Offline

coldandtired

You should be able to use ; between the commands, so command: /do something;/do something else;/do another thing, etc. but I had a report that it was causing an error which I haven't been able to look into yet. Feel free to try it though.

For sliders, you set the max to the number you want the slider to go up to, and set the name to the string you want to use to get the value. Then you use %slider_name% in the command to get the value
    Code:
    controls:
    - type: slider
      max: 1000
      name: my_slider
    - type: button
      command: /do something %my_slider%
    I haven't tested how sensitive the slider is. Make it too high a max and you'll have problems selecting the values. You can also try making the slider span multiple columns to give it more space.

24. Offline

ZeroZX4

GUI Creator Basic Tutorial

ALL SCREEN FILES NEED TO BE PLACED IN \plugins\GUI Creator\Screens DIRECTORY

IMPORTANT !!! NEVER EVER PUT ANY TABS TO SCREEN OR YOU WILL GET ERROR !!!

Links to screens are always in the bottom of spoiler
    Its better to edit something that exist than to create something from scrap

i dont want to read anything just give me pre made screen so i can go !!!

DOWNLOAD MOST BASIC SCREEN (open)

ok but you still need to add permission for ur self to be able to use GUI
    to use
    gui_creator.can_open_gui

to reload screens
    gui_creator.can_reload_screens

download
    http://forums.bukkit.org/attachments/test-txt.7941/

if you want any screen to open by default when you hit screen key you need to set screen id to any number for example
    id: 4
    than in config file next to open_screen: you need to put that id number of screen you want to open by default when you press screen key like this
    open_screen: 4

you gonna read this tutorial cause you want to make custom screen fitting your needs so i give you 1 big tip which will save you allot of trouble
    edit 1 line and than use /rgc or GUI reload button which i have in my screens so you will be sure that you wont get error after you close the screen

1st of all to GUI Creator to work you will need some permission plugin and any other plugin that have some commands im using PEX and set up my screen for Essentials (if you wanna make screen for other plugin simply edit values in screen file to fit your needs)
    PEX USERS REMEMBER THAT ALL YOUR NODES NEED TO BE LOWER CASE

permissions example
    PERMISSIONS HERE (open)

here are my permissions for my self
    Code:
    users:
        ZeroX4:
            group:
            - noobz
            permissions:
            - gui_creator.can_reload_screens

and here for my group (of course only members of that group can use that commands)
    Code:

groups:
        noobz:
            permissions:
            - gui_creator.can_reload_screens

all my screes stays open after you use any button on them to make them close after usage just delete line
    stay_open: yes
    next to control where you want screen to close after usage

step 1
    positioning your 1st step is to learn how screen positioning works

POSITIONING IN HERE (open)

ok basic positioning screen now
    in other words how to set position of certain buttons / controls on the screen

before you start rember its no matter in what order you add your controls and in what order you put lines in controls but its better to stick to some order so its easy to read/edit/delete/find or duplicate anything
    here is my screen and 1st button layout and all others r just copy of them

[​IMG]

each control need to have 2 position value and 2 optional size and action value

type: button
    row: 1 < vertical position (needed)
    col: 1 < horizontal position (needed)
    col_span: 2 < horizontal size of control (optional)
    stay_open: yes < screen stay open after control usage (optional)

remember that you can adjust size of control by changing col_span: value to how much column spaces it should take and size of it cant be longer than screen can handle or you will get error
    and watch out not to mess up col and row values so no control occupy space of another
    link to that screen http://forums.bukkit.org/attachments/layout-txt.7939/
    so you can use test all position and stuff in it

step 2
    is basic info about controls

BASIC INFORMATION HERE (open)

here we have basic info about controls and how they work or even from where they get values
    if you want command that dont affect player like for example /time day than you just type it in command line of control
    commands which affect player for example like /kick player or /give item item_id item_data
    amount than you will need to add parameters and some controls which will determine what values it will be
    [​IMG]

each control need to have few lines that will make it work

type: button < type of control usage (button = press it slider = slide to choose value etc...)
    text: Horrible Night < text that appear on the control
    command: /time night < command that will perform after usage of control
    info: Set wolrd time to night < displayed info in tooltip (i dont use it to my controls [sometimes i do] cause if you dont have that line command that willl be preformed will dispaly in tooltip

example if you make control like /give ^player^ ^item^ than you need to put some controls where you can choose to which player you are giving that item and what item you will give same goes for item data and amount and other changeable values
    what you type between ^^ and name: its your choice as long as this both values match them self for example /kick ^onlineplayer^ than the value in control where you put or choose player nick need to be name: onlineplayer or /ban offlineplayer name: offlineplayer they need to match see image below to understand how it works

link to this screen http://forums.bukkit.org/attachments/test-txt.7941/
    all basic options for Essentials

i know that some servers hold tons of players and finding nick of a player on a slider its no option here is fix for it why dont you just type the nick of desired player your self ?

TEXT INPUT CONTROL (open)

here we have same basic screen but without sliders instead of them we got normal text boxes where you input manually nicknames of other players

[​IMG]

if you want to have set of commands where you just type nick of someone to kick him or ban or to give him and item you need to make parameters
    parameters are values in commands betwean ^^ example
    command: /give ^item_id^

than you need control where you can choose/input parameter

type: text_box < allows you to input value manually
    name: item_id < what parameter it affect
    text: ID < what will be displayed in textbox if its empty (helps to understand what you need to type in it

parameter in command and parameter in control can be anything
    its no matter if its ^0ffplayers^ and offplayers or ^offline_p^ and ^offline_p^ ass long as this 2 values r the same so they can link each other

so like ^parameter^ < will take information you input/choose
    from
    parameter < which will allow you to input/choose information

link to this screen http://forums.bukkit.org/attachments/test2-txt.7940/
    all basic options for Essentials (with text box type of player nick selection)

step 3
    your done all you can do now is add cool stuff and customize your screen even more

if you read all that tutorial than you have anything it take to make your screen
    that was very basic info and GUI Creator can do allot more check out other features

what can/should be customized in any screen
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/gui-creator/pages/tutorial/

controls which can /should be used and options they can have like text colors and gradient
    for my screen i use only few very very basic controls here you have allot more
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/gui-creator/pages/tutorial/controls/

you now know rules that control this plugin you can make use of it to add or make screens with pro layouts

Attached Files:

25. Offline

Nickexp

help!i'm a admin on my server but when i type /os it says I'm sorry,you don't have permission to perform this command,please contact the server administrators if you believe that this is in error.

I'm using permissions x3

26. Offline

coldandtired

You need to upgrade your permissions plugin to a SuperPerms-compatible one. I recommend bPermissions.

27. Offline

Clucky

Somehow this plugin crashed my server. Heres the error log:
    Code:
    09:22:39 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.System.lineSeparator()Ljava/lang/String;
    09:22:39 [SEVERE]     at me.coldandtired.GUI_Creator.GUI.update_tooltips(GUI.java:43)
    09:22:39 [SEVERE]     at me.coldandtired.GUI_Creator.GUI.fill_command_area(GUI.java:181)
    09:22:39 [SEVERE]     at me.coldandtired.GUI_Creator.GUI.jump_to_screen(GUI.java:231)
    09:22:39 [SEVERE]     at me.coldandtired.GUI_Creator.GUI_linkbutton.onButtonClick(GUI_linkbutton.java:32)
    09:22:39 [SEVERE]     at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketControlAction.run(PacketControlAction.java:112)
    09:22:39 [SEVERE]     at org.getspout.spout.packet.CustomPacket.a(CustomPacket.java:129)
    09:22:39 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    09:22:39 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:93)
    09:22:39 [SEVERE]     at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:550)
    09:22:39 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    09:22:39 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:527)
    09:22:39 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    09:22:39 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    09:22:39 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
        at me.coldandtired.GUI_Creator.GUI.update_tooltips(GUI.java:43)
        at me.coldandtired.GUI_Creator.GUI.fill_command_area(GUI.java:181)
        at me.coldandtired.GUI_Creator.GUI.jump_to_screen(GUI.java:231)
        at me.coldandtired.GUI_Creator.GUI_linkbutton.onButtonClick(GUI_linkbutton.java:32)
        at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketControlAction.run(PacketControlAction.java:112)

It crashes every time I click the Rules button on page "General," however if I remove the much needed report button on the bottom of page "Rules" it fixes the problem... What am I doing wrong, and what can I do to fix it?

Heres my screens as of now:
    General (open)

Code:
    screens:
    - text: General
      num_columns: 8
      id: 1
      controls:
       - type: link_button
         row: 1
         col: 1
         colspan: 2
         text: Rules
         link_to: 2

Rules (open)

Code:
    screens:
    - text: Rules
      num_columns: 9
      id: 2
      hidden: yes
      controls:
       - type: text_label
         row: 3
         col: 5
         col_span: 1
         align: center
         text: RULES
    #   - type: text_label
    #     row: 3
    #     col: 2
    #     colspan: 1
    #     align: center
    #     text: Respect
       - type: radio_button
         row: 4
         text: Griefing
         row: 4
         text: Unfair Advantage
         row: 5
         text: Cheating
         row: 5
         text: Hacking
         row: 6
         text: Extreme Violence
         text: Abusing Bugs
         text: Stealing
         row: 7
         text: Spamming
         row: 7
         text: Abusing Privelages
       - type: button
         row: 8
         col: 4
         col_span: 3
         text: Report!
         info: Remember, false reporting is against the rules.

28. Offline

ZeroZX4

you made 5 spaces under controls for to each control setting and it should be 4 spaces

http://pastebin.com/XrziKwxk

29. Offline

coldandtired

@Clucky, you need to update to the latest version as well.

30. Offline

Clucky

Rofl, the simplest mistakes make the biggest errors. Lol, thanks. :p

31. Offline

Nickexp

can you add permissions x3 support?