Inactive [ADMN/DEV] Permissions 3.1.6 - The Plugin of Tomorrow [935]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by rcjrrjcr, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rcjrrjcr

Permissions 3.1.6 (Yeti)

Download:
    Latest Stable (3.1.6) : Full Zip | Main Jar Only | SQL Interface Jar Only

Previous Versions:
    3.1.5 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.4 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.3 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.2 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.1 (JAR) | 3.1 (JAR) | More older versions

COMMAND RESTRUCTURING
    Feel free to comment and give suggestions.

DO NOT USE GLOBAL CONFIGS FOR NOW. THE GLOBAL CONFIG IS MEANT TO SUPPLEMENT WORLD-SPECIFIC CONFIGS, NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND. SEE https://github.com/TheYeti/Permissions/wiki/Global-vs-World .I WILL WRITE A PROPER TUTORIAL ON HOW TO USE THE GLOBAL CONFIGS SOON.

TODO:
    • Revamp commands
    Known plugins that cause IllegalAccessError(s):

• Help (not fixed yet)
    Temp Fix for IAEs (open)

1. Open Help's JAR with 7zip.
    2. Find MANIFEST.MF (it can be in the root folder or in the META-INF folder, or both).
    3. Open the MANIFEST.MF file in a text editor
    4. Look for a line that starts with "Class-Path:".
    5. Delete "Permissions.jar" from that line.
    6. Save the manifest.
    7. 7zip will prompt you to save changes back into the archive. Accept.
    8. Restart server.

Plugin Authors: How to hook into Permissions

Due to @TheYeti being busy in RL for now, I have created a new thread for Permissions 3.x. TheYeti is still part of the Permissions team.

Permissions... Reborn.
    This is a continuation of the work that was originally done by Nijikokun. All original credit goes to them as without their work this plugin would not have been possible. This plugin does not provide any commands or additional functionality beyond what is described in this post. That means that you need another plugin to provide colored names, chat prefixes, and op commands such as /give and /time.​

The Permissions Team

The team consists of myself @rcjrrjcr and @TheYeti currently with contributions from @Nijikokun as well on occasion. There are also several other members of the community who frequently assist with providing code changes, bug fixes, patches, support, feedback, and beta testing. Special thanks to @flames and the Dynmap & Wormhole X-Treme teams for the hosting of Permissions on their Jenkins server.

What's new in 3.x?

Taken from the GitHub page:
    1. In-game commands. For a long time, users have been pestering, nagging, demanding and/or screaming for an way to manage Permissions via commands. Now, in 3.0, in-game commands are available to manage permissions and groups.
    2. SQL storage. This allows web interfaces to manage Permissions by updating the SQL database Permissions uses.
    3. Promotion/demotion tracks. With a simple command, users can be promoted/demoted along a preconfigured track, allowing RP servers with ranks to promote the player along a class track and other possibilities.
    4. Multigroup.
    5. Weightage. Plugins are able to compare users via their weight, which is inherited from their groups. For example, SlapPlugin can check if Player A is higher-weighted than Player B when A tries to slap B (Not IRL, obviously).
    6. Improved world mirroring. Config files are now split into a group file and a user file. Also, by editing storageconfig.yml, you can configure the mirroring of entire worlds, or just its users/groups. You also do not have to create files for worlds that mirror another world. Also, two different worlds can use different storage types, like YAML and SQL.
    7. Global permissions. Instead of having to resort to cross-world group inheritance, now all worlds inherit groups and users from the global permissions file. Also, the inherited groups/users can be overridden via editing the specific world's file.
    Upgrading from 2.x to 3.x

I have written a guide on GitHub. This demonstrates how to convert 2.x-style configs to 3.0. The YAML-to-SQL converter are still in testing, but it can be downloaded from here. It's written in Perl. @Zgred has created a web version of the script located here. @omgneeq is working on an Web UI for SQL databases (Sorry about the previous statement that he was making a converter.)​

Install (open)
    For the admins

In case you missed the link above, the Setup Guide on GitHub will help you quite a bit

Samkio has updated his tutorial for P3:

First thing that you will need to do is download the plugin. Place it in your plugins/ folder and unzip it. This should create the folder Permissions and a Permissions.jar file in your plugins folder. Next, go into Permissions/ and create a folder named the same as your world. So if your world name from server.properties is Foo you will need to create the folder plugins/Permissions/Foo. You MUST rename it to whatever your world's name is or it will not work.

Note, if you have your server maps all saved into a single directory then the initial setup will be somewhat different. Say your maps are arranged in the main directory like so: bukkit/mapfolder/world1, bukkit/mapfolder/world2, etc. Then inside of the plugin/Permissions directory you will need to create a folder called mapfolder and inside of that put the directories containing users.yml and groups.yml in there.

Next, you will need to go in and add yourself to the users, just replace the user that is in there with your name. Make any other modifications that you need to. While making modifications make sure that you do NOT use tabs. These will break the YAML format and cause issues. Instead, each indent should be four spaces. If you want people who aren't in the Admin group to be able to reload the permissions plugin you need to give them 'permissions.reload' permissions within the config file.

Permissions gives server admins great control, mostly in-game reloading. More info about commands can be found here.

FAQ (open)

[FAQ]

[Q] What is with the version numbers? I can't keep up, it seems like every time I look there is a new version!
    [A] I use the GNU versioning system for my version numbers. So what this means is the version number should be read as Major.Minor.Revision. So for version 2.5.2 this would mean it is the 2nd Major version, the 5th Minor release in this version, and the 2nd revision. I tend to release bug fixes and anything that doesn't add functionality or will not break things as revisions. So generally you should be safe with just watching the major & minor numbers and only getting the revision if it fixes a bug specific to you. Technically 2.5.2 should have been released as 2.6 as it did add functionality, but this was below even a minor change so I released it as a revision.

[Q] I am getting an error that it can't pass BLOCK_PLACED or BLOCK _BREAK events to Permissions. Fix it!
    [A] That's not a question. The reason why it can't place these is probably because the syntax of your Permissions file is all whacked out, or it is a different world and you don't have a config file for that world.

[Q] What am I suppose to name the config file?
    [A] You need to name it the same as your world. So if you look in server.properties at "level-name" you will see a world name there. Rename your config file to the same thing as that. Make sure you keep the .yml extension at the end.

[Q] Permissions are broken. Why can no one use commands? Why am I not an admin?
    [A] First off, make sure that your formatting is correct. Look at the format that the default config file uses. Yours should look like that. Do NOT use tabs. Use 4 spaces (IE. " " <-- Four of those things.). Also, whichever group you give the permission '*' to, do not have that group inherit permissions from anyone else. That is called overloading and it will break things. Also, this.

[Q] Which one am I suppose to download and unzip to install this?
    [A] Download the main package, not the JAR only. Unzip the ZIP file. The JAR only downloads are simply there for people who are UPGRADING and do not need the default config file.

[Q] I have done all of this and this doesn't work! I'm going back to GroupManager!
    [A] Well, there is probably the problem. Make sure that you delete EssentialsGroupManager.jar and EssentialsGroupBridge.jar as these don't play well with Permissions and will cause headache.

[Q] When are you going to add <blah> <feature/command> into this already? You suck! Do what I want NAU PL0X!
    [A] Feature requests should be posted on the GitHub tracker. Stupid suggestions like adding teleportation functionality and other less ludicrous stuff will be rejected.

Changelog
      • Major fixes.
      • Simplify tracks
    Changelog (open)

• Fix several minor bugs.
      • Autoconvert 2.x/GM format (only works if you split them into groups.yml and users.yml, but leave the rest untouched)
      • Fix YAML locking bugs.
      • Fix another SQL data and inheritance issue.
      • Fix SQL data issues.
      • Added user/group name autocomplete
      • Separated SQL interface into separate plugin
      • Fix prefix/suffix issues.
      • Added ON UPDATE CASCADE to the SQL foreign [/SIZE]
      • Tons of fixes.
      • Fix SQLite issues due to misimplementation of methods.
      • Fix cache-related NPEs
      • Fixed quoted worlds (thanks again @Jeyge !)
      • Fix LinkageError caused by ServiceManager not unloading the PermissionHandler class.
      • Added cache
      • Fix index not being incremented when promoting (thanks @Jeyge !)
      • Fixed another getGroup bug.
      • Fixed getGroup bug.
      • Fixed some NPE bugs.
      • Total overhaul of Permissions. Adds many new features (see What's new in 3.0?).
      • Added overload of has() and permissions() for plugin devs
      • Fixed negate node add/remove bug.
      • Fix for small subtle bug introduced in last minor version.
      • Commit by DThielke to fix several bugs with programmatic modifications of user permissions.
      • Further commits by rcjrrjcr
        • Removed negatedNode checks
        • Temp fix for NULL issue
        • WorldConfigurationModification to save only modified configs
        • Fix for cache problems

Credits (open)

TheYeti:
    Nijikokun - Without their original work this plugin would not be possible.​
    All of the members of the community that regularly provide support in this thread for Permissions​
    Rigby, Kainzo, DThielke, GoMySQL, sk89q, RightLegRed - For hanging out with me in IRC, tons of testing, and pushing me to improve on the code constantly and make changes to make this plugin constantly better and better, and in general being entertaining.​
    Everyone else on here and in IRC who provides support, feedback, assistance, plugins that have continued to support and integrate this, and in general makes my life a bit easier, THANK YOU!​

rcjrrjcr:
    I would like to thank Joy , jamesg and omgneeq for staying in #permissions for long periods of time to test out 3.0, and help me find many coding mistakes I made, patiently waiting for the next build while I fixed the bugs. I appreciate SvenBrnn 's and GoMySQL(Geoff Winans on this forum) 's help that allow me to design and code the SQL interface, and the HeroCraft coding team for providing support and some priceless IRC quotes (Dgco). Also, I would like to thank Lycano for helping me in many different aspects. Last but not least, I would like to thank Nijikokun and TheYeti for developing P2, which was one of my core plugins when I was still a 14-year-old server admin that didn't understand Java, and was the base for 3.0. Without these people, 3.0 would never be possible.​

If after reading through all of that you are still having issues do one of two things. If it is a provable bug, and you have things like screenshots or copies of startup, steps to reproduce, your craftbukkit build and the version this is running along with your config files then submit the bug on the issue tracker. If it is general help or support you are needing then post a reply to this thread and someone will try to help you.

Old thread: Permissions v2.7.4

2. Offline

Azurini

Code:
    groups:
        Guest:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
                build: false
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'essentials.helpop'
                - 'essentials.rules'
                - 'essentials.give'
                - 'essentials.item'
        Moderators:
            default: false
            info:
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'bar.foo'
        Admins:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'essentials.settime'
                - 'essentials.item'
                - 'essentials.helpop'
                - 'essentials.help'

I downgraded my 3.1.1 to 2.7.4, Sort of got it working. I'm Just messing with it currently until I get it working, but apparently When I make myself a Guest, it says User cant spawn _____. Do I have to add a " - '____.____'" to let people spawn things?

3. Offline

NightWolf157

I fixed my problem, I had a plugin names Epic Zones, inside was a configuration file and in that file, was something about TNT false ignite, I removed Epic Zones (Didn't use it anyways) and BOOM, TNT works for my builders and myself, so I'm good now. Thanks for helping.

4. Offline

Jeyge

You assigned yourself to Admin but your group is called Admins. As for breaking blocks, are you trying to break near spawn? Turn off spawn-protection if you are. Also, are you getting any errors in your server.log and are you running GroupManager or another anti-build plugin?

5. Offline

daleisme

Huh?

Do i download the rar or jar? When I download the jar i get this storage config file.

6. Offline

Jeyge

I only took a brief look at Essentials but it looks like you may need something like essentials.unlimited or essentials.itemspawn.item-all but I would take a look at their permissions and see which works for what you want.

Huh? When I look at the top of the original post, I see a zip download and a jar download. No rars found. And when I download the jar, I get a permissions.jar and not a storage config file. I think you must be downloading something else.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  7. Offline

daleisme

Sorry, the zip turns to a rar because im using winrar. When I download the jar and then run the server it creates a permissions folder inside the plugins folder. When I enter the permissions folder, there is a storageconfig YML file.

8. Offline

4sm0da1

something went somewhere terribly wrong:
    storageconfig.yml = 0 Byte
    globalusers.yml = 0 Byte
    globalgroups.yml = 0 Byte

running Bukkit #818
    nobody can build, even not the players in the op.txt
    Code:
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE] [Permissions] storageconfig.yml is not a file.
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [INFO] [Permissions] Shutting down Permissions due to error(s).
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE] [Permissions] storageconfig.yml cannot be read.
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [INFO] [Permissions] Shutting down Permissions due to error(s).
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [INFO] [Permissions] Creating storageconfig.yml.
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Unable to create directory structure for world 'world'.
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.data.StorageFactory.getUserStorage(StorageFactory.java:79)
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.forceLoadWorld(ModularControl.java:89)
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.loadWorld(ModularControl.java:81)
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.load(ModularControl.java:102)
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE]     at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.setupPermissions(Permissions.java:171)
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE]     at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onLoad(Permissions.java:128)
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:106)
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:232)
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:219)
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:146)
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Unable to load permission data.
    2011-06-02 15:52:07 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) was initialized.
    2011-06-02 15:52:08 [INFO] [Permissions] version [3.1.1] (Yeti)  loaded

9. Offline

Gizmokid2005

Even in the default users/groups files where it is set as Admins (an oversight in my files I'll agree) that I'm trying, it still doesn't work.

I run Essentials, EssentialsSpawn, EssentialsChat, BigBrother (even tried with this plugin removed, no difference), and LWC.

No other plugins, and definitely no other anti-build plugins. Like I said before, the issue only happens when I enable permissions.

But as I try it again, all of a sudden it works....

10. Offline

daleisme

Same problem but I don't even get the globalusers or globalgroups. I just get storageconfig :S

11. Offline

charlie k-j

Right im getting an error from this, just installed, fresh new server haven't even customized the permissions yet.
    Plugins I have installed:
    Backup
    OpenInv
    CommandSigns
    DeathMessagePlugin
    HelpCenter
    Falsebook
    SimpleGod
    MyWarp
    LWC

The Error:
    Code:
    22:04:24 [SEVERE] tried to access class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl$1R
    efreshTask from class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl initializing Permiss
    ions v3.1.1 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class com.nijiko.permissions.Modul
    arControl$1RefreshTask from class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl
            at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.<init>(ModularControl.java:53)
            at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.setupPermissions(Permiss
    ions.java:168)
            at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onLoad(Permissions.java:
    128)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:106)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:219)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:146)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

12. Offline

nmcnick

Alright, Im just going to repost everything Ive said so its easy for you to find. Whenever I break, or place blocks, they disappear or reappear. Here is my groups.yml
    Show Spoiler
    groups:
    Default:
    default: true
    info:
    build: false
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - 'lwc.blockinventory'
    Seargent:
    info:
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - 'worldguard.locate'
    - 'worldguard.stack'
    - 'lwc.protect'
    - 'mywolf.*'
    Moderator:
    info:
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - 'lwc.protect'
    - 'lwc.mod'
    - 'worldguard.'
    - 'worldedit.superpickaxe'
    - 'worldedit.fixlava'
    - 'worldedit.fixwater'
    - 'worldedit.thaw'
    - 'worldedit.extinguish'
    - 'creativestick.'
    - 'citizens.admin'
    - 'magiccarpet.ml'
    - 'magiccarpet.mc'
    - 'EasyFlight.fly.self'
    - 'EasyFlight.fly.give'
    - 'mywolf.*'
    V.I.P.:
    info:
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - 'lwc.protect'
    - 'lwc.mod'
    - 'worldguard.'
    - 'worldedit.superpickaxe'
    - 'worldedit.fixlava'
    - 'worldedit.fixwater'
    - 'worldedit.thaw'
    - 'worldedit.extinguish'
    - 'mywarp.'
    - 'creativestick.'
    - 'magiccarpet.ml'
    - 'magiccarpet.mc'
    - 'EasyFlight.fly.self'
    - 'mywolf.*'
    Admins:
    info:
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - '*'
    Owners:
    info:
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - '*'

Users.yml
    Show Spoiler

nmcnick:
    groups:
    - Owners
    permissions:
    Tjspower:
    groups:
    permissions:
    Wafflefries:
    groups:
    - Owners
    permissions:
    advnc:
    groups:
    - Owners
    permissions:

storageconfig.yml
    Show Spoiler

permissions:
    storage:
    type: YAML

and lastly, my console error.
    Show Spoiler

02:02:35 [SEVERE] at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Listener.onBlockBrea k(Listener.java:62) 02:02:35 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$34.execute(Ja vaPluginLoader.java:475) 02:02:35 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(Regist eredListener.java:58) 02:02:35 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(Simpl ePluginManager.java:310) 02:02:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.c(ItemInWorld Manager.java:156) 02:02:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.a(ItemInWorld Manager.java:118) 02:02:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand ler.java:462) 02:02:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42 ) 02:02:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager. java:217) 02:02:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand ler.java:75) 02:02:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile :105) 02:02:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe r.java:401) 02:02:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer ver.java:311) 02:02:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour ceFile:422) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Listener.onBlockBrea k(Listener.java:62) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$34.execute(Ja vaPluginLoader.java:475) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(Regist eredListener.java:58) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(Simpl ePluginManager.java:310) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.c(ItemInWorld Manager.java:156) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.a(ItemInWorld Manager.java:118) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand ler.java:462) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42 ) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager. java:217) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand ler.java:75) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile :105) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe r.java:401) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer ver.java:311) 02:02:45 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour ceFile:422)

Here is my permissions.jar
    http://filebeam.com/4e57e0b24999cb1485e4293e2ac7b537

Hope this helps you to get it resolved :)

EDIT: The spoilers make there be no spaces, so their really are on mine. If you really need to know exactly, I can give you a download option.

13. Offline

Jeyge

The lack of code blocks make the spaces go away and not the spoilers. You'll want to post them one more time but in spoiler and code blocks and that error message is still just a partial message. The most important part is missing. Just post your full server.log.

I see the same error the first time I run but the second time, all of the files will be created. What are your results if you run it again?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

nmcnick

Alright..
    I dont wanna hog up the whole forum, so here is my permissions folder. [I know you probably dont need it, but just in case.] http://filebeam.com/9f4c6051f23e4c21e4eadbb0d634d856

And, the important part, my server log.

http://filebeam.com/dca20e6e25415532720d860406361d2c
    I had to zip it because it doesnt except .log files.. lol

Don Redhorse likes this.
  15. Offline

Pii

Cant get this working it says this : 23:39:47 [ALLVARLIG] [Permissions] storageconfig.yml is not a file.
    23:39:47 [INFO] [Permissions] Shutting down Permissions due to error(s).
    23:39:47 [ALLVARLIG] [Permissions] storageconfig.yml cannot be read.
    23:39:47 [INFO] [Permissions] Shutting down Permissions due to error(s).
    23:39:47 [INFO] [Permissions] Creating storageconfig.yml.
    23:39:47 [ALLVARLIG] tried to access class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularCon
    $1RefreshTask from class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl initializing
    issions v3.1.1 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class com.nijiko.permissions.M
    arControl$1RefreshTask from class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl
    at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.<init>(ModularControl.java:
    at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.setupPermissions(Per
    ions.java:168)
    at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onLoad(Permissions.j
    128)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:1
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:14
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285

i have tried every think i could but i still getting this error! Please help me with this. :(
    (i run 818.)

(ps) AWESOME PLUGIN!
    cant live without it..

16. Offline

Jeyge

That is a lot of errors but it looks like you have the same problem that many others have right now. You can try to remove MyWarp as that has been one of the plugins that breaks. You may also have run into the more than 12 plugins problem. You can also remove plugins until the errors are gone. There may be a fix to Permissions coming up if rcjrrjcr finds something he can change in the plugin. I saw you responded to him earlier but he was actually looking for a copy of all of your .jar files. You might zip them all up and send them to him.

For your files, you are missing a users: from the top of your users.yml file.

17. Offline

nmcnick

WOW! Jeyge, thanks so much! Either adding the users: or deleting mywarp totally fixed it. Thanks a ton. This could be the other people's problems too.

18. Offline

Retricide

I am having the same problem as well.
    Code:
    2011-06-03 01:56:08 [SEVERE] Error occurred (in the plugin loader) while enabling Essentials v2.3.1 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    	at java.util.TreeMap$PrivateEntryIterator.nextEntry(TreeMap.java:1117)
    	at java.util.TreeMap$KeyIterator.next(TreeMap.java:1171)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:308)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:757)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:253)
    	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:134)
    	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:112)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:146)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)

CB: #818
    Permissions/world/groups.yml
    groups.yml

Permissions/world/users.yml
    users.yml

Thanks

I just realized my storageconfig.yml was created...but it is blank. Could that be causing the problem?
    If so, could someone link me to their storageconfig.yml?

19. Is there any way just to set a user to a group (not promote or demote)?

20. Offline

Jeyge

You have a few users in your users.yml that still have the old style group: <group>. Update those to groups:. The users are chicagochillin, FaSho, ipwnu123, Retricide and slimshady444. I think you also have a tab or something in your groups.yml. Your group Super-Moderators seems to have 4 spaces before the -.

@Pii - This applies to you too.
    For the error you posted, try removing myhome, mywarp and/or BigBrother as these plugins seem to be the ones to cause this error.

Try "/pr <user> parents add <group>". If you are doing it in the console or not on the same world, you may need to do "/pr <user> w:<world> parents add <group>".

21. Offline

Shooty

Anyone know how can i do if i need the SAME Permission in all world ? :( ? Because all permission is reset when i'll go in the netherwolrd :( ....

22. Offline

Azurini

I put both essentials.unlimited and essentials.itemspawn.item-all into my groups, Still says You are not allowed to spawn _____

23. Offline

Retricide

I fixed it, and still get the same error:
    groups: http://pastebin.com/nAULWbYd
    users: http://pastebin.com/UPqtfdiX

24. Offline

Jeyge

Take a look at the wiki for the storage config options. You can have it mirror worlds and at some point, you will be able to use the global files to copy the same permissions to all worlds. I haven't tested to see if it works with 3.1 yet, but in 3.0.6, the global options weren't working. I don't know if the mirror works right now though.

And the second part of the post? You removed those plugins and it still doesn't work?

25. Offline

Retricide

Oh sorry. I apologize, I overlooked that.
    It works now.
    Thanks so much ^_^

26. Offline

Jeyge

I don't run Essentials and I'm not going to load it just to figure out their permissions. I would suggest asking in the Essentials post.

27. Offline

amunro

I get this error every time I place a block.

Code:
    2011-06-02 20:37:17 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_BREAK to iZone
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at TechGuard.iZone.canDo.has(canDo.java:72)
        at TechGuard.iZone.managers.ZoneManager.canBuild(ZoneManager.java:105)
        at TechGuard.iZone.listeners.bListener.onBlockBreak(bListener.java:32)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$34.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:475)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.c(ItemInWorldManager.java:156)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.a(ItemInWorldManager.java:118)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:462)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:217)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:401)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
    Is this because of iZone or because of permissions?

28. Offline

Pii

Thanks its working now!! :)

29. Offline

daleisme

Can someone please tell me step by step the exact clicks to upgrade to 3.x?

30. Offline

Azurini

If you dont use essentials, if you dont mind me asking, what simple commands plugin do you use? I might use it because essentials just has too many commands and it can be confusing at times.

31. Offline

amunro

Ok i deleted izone, worldguard/edit and any other plugins i could see conflicting, and I still cannot edit blocks! I get this error:

Code:
    02:50:50 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Listener.onBlockBreak(Listener.java:62)
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$34.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:475)
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.c(ItemInWorldManager.java:156)
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.a(ItemInWorldManager.java:118)
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:462)
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:217)
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:401)
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
    02:50:50 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

My permissions files are:
    http://pastebin.com/szzGg1rb
    http://pastebin.com/8LRQr0nt

stored in minecraft/plugins/permissions/<worldname>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.