Inactive [ADMN/DEV] Permissions 3.1.6 - The Plugin of Tomorrow [935]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by rcjrrjcr, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rcjrrjcr

Permissions 3.1.6 (Yeti)

Download:
    Latest Stable (3.1.6) : Full Zip | Main Jar Only | SQL Interface Jar Only

Previous Versions:
    3.1.5 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.4 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.3 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.2 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.1 (JAR) | 3.1 (JAR) | More older versions

COMMAND RESTRUCTURING
    Feel free to comment and give suggestions.

DO NOT USE GLOBAL CONFIGS FOR NOW. THE GLOBAL CONFIG IS MEANT TO SUPPLEMENT WORLD-SPECIFIC CONFIGS, NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND. SEE https://github.com/TheYeti/Permissions/wiki/Global-vs-World .I WILL WRITE A PROPER TUTORIAL ON HOW TO USE THE GLOBAL CONFIGS SOON.

TODO:
    • Revamp commands
    Known plugins that cause IllegalAccessError(s):

• Help (not fixed yet)
    Temp Fix for IAEs (open)

1. Open Help's JAR with 7zip.
    2. Find MANIFEST.MF (it can be in the root folder or in the META-INF folder, or both).
    3. Open the MANIFEST.MF file in a text editor
    4. Look for a line that starts with "Class-Path:".
    5. Delete "Permissions.jar" from that line.
    6. Save the manifest.
    7. 7zip will prompt you to save changes back into the archive. Accept.
    8. Restart server.

Plugin Authors: How to hook into Permissions

Due to @TheYeti being busy in RL for now, I have created a new thread for Permissions 3.x. TheYeti is still part of the Permissions team.

Permissions... Reborn.
    This is a continuation of the work that was originally done by Nijikokun. All original credit goes to them as without their work this plugin would not have been possible. This plugin does not provide any commands or additional functionality beyond what is described in this post. That means that you need another plugin to provide colored names, chat prefixes, and op commands such as /give and /time.​

The Permissions Team

The team consists of myself @rcjrrjcr and @TheYeti currently with contributions from @Nijikokun as well on occasion. There are also several other members of the community who frequently assist with providing code changes, bug fixes, patches, support, feedback, and beta testing. Special thanks to @flames and the Dynmap & Wormhole X-Treme teams for the hosting of Permissions on their Jenkins server.

What's new in 3.x?

Taken from the GitHub page:
    1. In-game commands. For a long time, users have been pestering, nagging, demanding and/or screaming for an way to manage Permissions via commands. Now, in 3.0, in-game commands are available to manage permissions and groups.
    2. SQL storage. This allows web interfaces to manage Permissions by updating the SQL database Permissions uses.
    3. Promotion/demotion tracks. With a simple command, users can be promoted/demoted along a preconfigured track, allowing RP servers with ranks to promote the player along a class track and other possibilities.
    4. Multigroup.
    5. Weightage. Plugins are able to compare users via their weight, which is inherited from their groups. For example, SlapPlugin can check if Player A is higher-weighted than Player B when A tries to slap B (Not IRL, obviously).
    6. Improved world mirroring. Config files are now split into a group file and a user file. Also, by editing storageconfig.yml, you can configure the mirroring of entire worlds, or just its users/groups. You also do not have to create files for worlds that mirror another world. Also, two different worlds can use different storage types, like YAML and SQL.
    7. Global permissions. Instead of having to resort to cross-world group inheritance, now all worlds inherit groups and users from the global permissions file. Also, the inherited groups/users can be overridden via editing the specific world's file.
    Upgrading from 2.x to 3.x

I have written a guide on GitHub. This demonstrates how to convert 2.x-style configs to 3.0. The YAML-to-SQL converter are still in testing, but it can be downloaded from here. It's written in Perl. @Zgred has created a web version of the script located here. @omgneeq is working on an Web UI for SQL databases (Sorry about the previous statement that he was making a converter.)​

Install (open)
    For the admins

In case you missed the link above, the Setup Guide on GitHub will help you quite a bit

Samkio has updated his tutorial for P3:

First thing that you will need to do is download the plugin. Place it in your plugins/ folder and unzip it. This should create the folder Permissions and a Permissions.jar file in your plugins folder. Next, go into Permissions/ and create a folder named the same as your world. So if your world name from server.properties is Foo you will need to create the folder plugins/Permissions/Foo. You MUST rename it to whatever your world's name is or it will not work.

Note, if you have your server maps all saved into a single directory then the initial setup will be somewhat different. Say your maps are arranged in the main directory like so: bukkit/mapfolder/world1, bukkit/mapfolder/world2, etc. Then inside of the plugin/Permissions directory you will need to create a folder called mapfolder and inside of that put the directories containing users.yml and groups.yml in there.

Next, you will need to go in and add yourself to the users, just replace the user that is in there with your name. Make any other modifications that you need to. While making modifications make sure that you do NOT use tabs. These will break the YAML format and cause issues. Instead, each indent should be four spaces. If you want people who aren't in the Admin group to be able to reload the permissions plugin you need to give them 'permissions.reload' permissions within the config file.

Permissions gives server admins great control, mostly in-game reloading. More info about commands can be found here.

FAQ (open)

[FAQ]

[Q] What is with the version numbers? I can't keep up, it seems like every time I look there is a new version!
    [A] I use the GNU versioning system for my version numbers. So what this means is the version number should be read as Major.Minor.Revision. So for version 2.5.2 this would mean it is the 2nd Major version, the 5th Minor release in this version, and the 2nd revision. I tend to release bug fixes and anything that doesn't add functionality or will not break things as revisions. So generally you should be safe with just watching the major & minor numbers and only getting the revision if it fixes a bug specific to you. Technically 2.5.2 should have been released as 2.6 as it did add functionality, but this was below even a minor change so I released it as a revision.

[Q] I am getting an error that it can't pass BLOCK_PLACED or BLOCK _BREAK events to Permissions. Fix it!
    [A] That's not a question. The reason why it can't place these is probably because the syntax of your Permissions file is all whacked out, or it is a different world and you don't have a config file for that world.

[Q] What am I suppose to name the config file?
    [A] You need to name it the same as your world. So if you look in server.properties at "level-name" you will see a world name there. Rename your config file to the same thing as that. Make sure you keep the .yml extension at the end.

[Q] Permissions are broken. Why can no one use commands? Why am I not an admin?
    [A] First off, make sure that your formatting is correct. Look at the format that the default config file uses. Yours should look like that. Do NOT use tabs. Use 4 spaces (IE. " " <-- Four of those things.). Also, whichever group you give the permission '*' to, do not have that group inherit permissions from anyone else. That is called overloading and it will break things. Also, this.

[Q] Which one am I suppose to download and unzip to install this?
    [A] Download the main package, not the JAR only. Unzip the ZIP file. The JAR only downloads are simply there for people who are UPGRADING and do not need the default config file.

[Q] I have done all of this and this doesn't work! I'm going back to GroupManager!
    [A] Well, there is probably the problem. Make sure that you delete EssentialsGroupManager.jar and EssentialsGroupBridge.jar as these don't play well with Permissions and will cause headache.

[Q] When are you going to add <blah> <feature/command> into this already? You suck! Do what I want NAU PL0X!
    [A] Feature requests should be posted on the GitHub tracker. Stupid suggestions like adding teleportation functionality and other less ludicrous stuff will be rejected.

Changelog
      • Major fixes.
      • Simplify tracks
    Changelog (open)

• Fix several minor bugs.
      • Autoconvert 2.x/GM format (only works if you split them into groups.yml and users.yml, but leave the rest untouched)
      • Fix YAML locking bugs.
      • Fix another SQL data and inheritance issue.
      • Fix SQL data issues.
      • Added user/group name autocomplete
      • Separated SQL interface into separate plugin
      • Fix prefix/suffix issues.
      • Added ON UPDATE CASCADE to the SQL foreign [/SIZE]
      • Tons of fixes.
      • Fix SQLite issues due to misimplementation of methods.
      • Fix cache-related NPEs
      • Fixed quoted worlds (thanks again @Jeyge !)
      • Fix LinkageError caused by ServiceManager not unloading the PermissionHandler class.
      • Added cache
      • Fix index not being incremented when promoting (thanks @Jeyge !)
      • Fixed another getGroup bug.
      • Fixed getGroup bug.
      • Fixed some NPE bugs.
      • Total overhaul of Permissions. Adds many new features (see What's new in 3.0?).
      • Added overload of has() and permissions() for plugin devs
      • Fixed negate node add/remove bug.
      • Fix for small subtle bug introduced in last minor version.
      • Commit by DThielke to fix several bugs with programmatic modifications of user permissions.
      • Further commits by rcjrrjcr
        • Removed negatedNode checks
        • Temp fix for NULL issue
        • WorldConfigurationModification to save only modified configs
        • Fix for cache problems

Credits (open)

TheYeti:
    Nijikokun - Without their original work this plugin would not be possible.​
    All of the members of the community that regularly provide support in this thread for Permissions​
    Rigby, Kainzo, DThielke, GoMySQL, sk89q, RightLegRed - For hanging out with me in IRC, tons of testing, and pushing me to improve on the code constantly and make changes to make this plugin constantly better and better, and in general being entertaining.​
    Everyone else on here and in IRC who provides support, feedback, assistance, plugins that have continued to support and integrate this, and in general makes my life a bit easier, THANK YOU!​

rcjrrjcr:
    I would like to thank Joy , jamesg and omgneeq for staying in #permissions for long periods of time to test out 3.0, and help me find many coding mistakes I made, patiently waiting for the next build while I fixed the bugs. I appreciate SvenBrnn 's and GoMySQL(Geoff Winans on this forum) 's help that allow me to design and code the SQL interface, and the HeroCraft coding team for providing support and some priceless IRC quotes (Dgco). Also, I would like to thank Lycano for helping me in many different aspects. Last but not least, I would like to thank Nijikokun and TheYeti for developing P2, which was one of my core plugins when I was still a 14-year-old server admin that didn't understand Java, and was the base for 3.0. Without these people, 3.0 would never be possible.​

If after reading through all of that you are still having issues do one of two things. If it is a provable bug, and you have things like screenshots or copies of startup, steps to reproduce, your craftbukkit build and the version this is running along with your config files then submit the bug on the issue tracker. If it is general help or support you are needing then post a reply to this thread and someone will try to help you.

Old thread: Permissions v2.7.4

2. Offline

ricande

multiverse:
    Requirements

This plugin requires Permissions 2.7.x Without Permissions MV will disable itself.

• iCoLand v2.46 was tested against Craftbukkit build #740
    • iConomy 5.0
    • Permissions 2.7.2
    You have a lot of unsupported software there....

3. Offline

Jeyge

I see a couple things but first, the files listed aren't the files that created that error. The error lists line 48 as having build: true ... on it but line 48 in the file you included is - arrorwwall.awreload. All that aside, you still have some errors.

You are inheriting from Banker but you don't have a Banker group. Admins is inheriting from Default but has '*' and doesn't need to inherit from anything and you forgot to put a space after the -. It is currently "-Default" and should be "- Default" to be proper yml. Your users groups need to look like this too:

Code:
        jhakemaster:
            groups:
            - Admins
            info:
                prefix:
                suffix:
            permissions:
                - WeatherControl.*
                - izone.zones.*
                - izone.edit.*
                - wrath.*
                - permissions.*

That should get you a good start on fixing things.

You'll want to remove MyHome and probably MyWarp until they release the fixes hopefully sometime later today.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  4. Offline

CHEEZEGR8DR

i updated the jar but i am receiving the the same errors

5. Offline

Crysillion

Hello, I've been having trouble enabling groups to have multiple permissions simultaneously. The problem revolves around thus;

As it stands I want my Moderators to have access to both essentials and worldedit in their entirety. Originally, because I only had essentials at the time, the code was like this:

Moderator:
    default: false
    info:
    prefix: '&9<Mod>&f'
    suffix: ''
    build: true
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - 'essentials.*'

and it worked fine. I then attempted to include WorldEdit;

Moderator:
    info:
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - 'essentials.* worldedit.*'

They could not use the super pickaxe (which WorldEdit definitely has). Toying with it, I changed their code to this;

Moderator:
    info:
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - 'worldedit.*'

And even after rebooting the server, they still had access to the essentials, as well as world edit. What is going on here?

Also, can someone correct me on my parsing? I'm not sure if I'm doing multiple permissions correctly (was kind of a crash course).

6. Offline

Wangster

I try to run my server and it gives me this error:

Code:
    148 recipes
    16 achievements
    18:56:48 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.6.6
    18:56:48 [INFO] Loading properties
    18:56:48 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    18:56:48 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-766-
    g3fc0460-b818jnks (MC: 1.6.6)
    18:56:48 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    18:56:48 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0
    18:56:48 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1
    18:56:49 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 16%
    18:56:49 [SEVERE] java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast
     to java.lang.String
    18:56:49 [SEVERE]       at com.nijiko.data.YamlUserStorage.getEntries(YamlUserSt
    orage.java:131)
    18:56:49 [SEVERE]       at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.load(ModularCon
    trol.java:248)
    18:56:49 [SEVERE]       at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.forceLoadWorld(
    ModularControl.java:91)
    18:56:49 [SEVERE]       at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.loadWorld(Modul
    arControl.java:81)
    18:56:49 [SEVERE]       at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.load(ModularCon
    trol.java:102)
    18:56:49 [SEVERE]       at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.setupPer
    missions(Permissions.java:170)
    18:56:49 [SEVERE]       at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onLoad(P
    ermissions.java:127)
    18:56:49 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftS
    erver.java:106)
    18:56:49 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServe
    r.java:232)
    18:56:49 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServe
    r.java:219)
    18:56:49 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftSe
    rver.java:146)
    18:56:49 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:285)
    18:56:49 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:422)
    18:56:49 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Unable to load permission data.
    18:56:49 [INFO] [Permissions] Shutting down Permissions due to error(s).
    18:56:49 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) was initialized.
    18:56:49 [INFO] [Permissions] version [3.1] (Yeti)  loaded
    18:56:49 [INFO] Done (0.162s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    >

7. Offline

ricande

18:21:32 [SEVERE] [Permissions] storageconfig.yml is not a file
    what does your storageconfig.yml looks like?
    Here is an example:
    Code:
    permissions:
        storage:
            type: YAML

8. Offline

The_Yogs

Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: ''
                build: false
            inheritance: null
            permissions:
                - 'commandbook.kit.starter'
                - 'commandbook.who'
                - 'commandbook.motd'
                - 'commandbook.rules'
                - 'commandbook.kit.list'
                - 'commandbook.spawn'
                - 'commandbook.msg'
                - 'commandbook.say.me'
                - 'commandbook.whois'
        Moderator:
            info:
            inheritance:
                - Vip
            permissions:
                - 'commandbook.kit.diamond'
                - 'commandbook.give.*'
                - 'commandbook.more.*'
                - 'commandbook.time.*'
                - 'commandbook.spawnmob.*'
                - 'commandbook.weather.*'
                - 'commandbook.teleport.*'
                - 'commandbook.slap.*'
                - 'commandbook.kick'
                - 'commandbook.ban'
                - 'vanish.*'
        Vip:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'commandbook.who'
                - 'commandbook.motd'
                - 'commandbook.rules'
                - 'commandbook.kit.list'
                - 'commandbook.spawn'
                - 'commandbook.msg'
                - 'commandbook.say.me'
                - 'commandbook.whois'
                - 'commandbook.kick'
                - 'commandbook.time.*'
        Admin:
              info:
                  suffix: '[Admin]'
              inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'     
    Ok, so heres my code. It doesnt work for some reason. My world is Darkblast and i have nothing in my worldgroup, storage or worldusers.

I just have Users, and Groups, so here's my code. I cant put any blocks and i am default.

Next code is users.
    Code:
    users:
        The_Yogs:
            groups:
                - Admin
            permissions:

I would 100% appreiciate if someone could fix these so that i can use them, such as correct my errors so when i paste them in my files it will work.

9. Offline

Angellus_Mortis

I actually already removed my post. It was Craftbook that was causing the error. Thanks anyways.

10. Offline

maetthew

How do the weightage thing work? Does it automatically figures out which group is higher ranked or will I have to specify it in the config?

11. Offline

NightWolf157

I totally need help setting everything up, I've never done anything like this before and it's really confusing to me. I wanted to have groups, with different permissions, the admin/owner can do everything, while the default people are all builders and can use essentials for commands like /i. I've tried doing this, but it NEVER works. I'm getting so upset right now. Ughhh!!! Help me please, send me your working files, or just show me how to do this.

12. Offline

Mister_H

Ive got the same problem, mods: DefaultCommands, EverCart, iChat, iConomy, iConomyChestShop, Lockette, Minecraft Mania, Permissions(duh), PickBoat, Questioner, runecraft, Sphereworld, Towny, and WeatherSync. Checked my YAML code for hours, and it all looks good used 3 different sites/validators.

13. Offline

Wangster

Mine has nothing in it. But other then that i get that error on the other verison of the permission's as well. Someone who joins my server is named "55667125" and when i enter his name in it gives me that. However if his name isnt in it it works fine. I'm not sure if its cause his name is all numbers or if its something i am doing wrong.

14. Offline

CHEEZEGR8DR

Code:
    [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.6.6
    2011-06-01 21:38:30 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-06-01 21:38:30 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-06-01 21:38:30 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-766-g3fc0460-b818jnks (MC: 1.6.6)
    2011-06-01 21:38:30 [INFO] Preparing level "josh's awesome minecraft server"
    2011-06-01 21:38:31 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0
    2011-06-01 21:38:32 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 8%
    2011-06-01 21:38:33 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 48%
    2011-06-01 21:38:33 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1
    2011-06-01 21:38:34 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 0%
    2011-06-01 21:38:35 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 81%
    2011-06-01 21:38:35 [INFO] [EasyTP] Enabled.
    2011-06-01 21:38:35 [INFO] [EasyTP] Permissions not running, all OPs will be able to use EasyTP.
    2011-06-01 21:38:35 [INFO] Permission system not detected, defaulting to OP
    2011-06-01 21:38:35 [INFO] [FirstSpawn] version 2  booted.
    2011-06-01 21:38:35 [INFO] [HeroChat] HeroChat version 4.10.3 enabled.
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [iConomy] Logging is currently disabled.
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [iConomy] v5.0 (Eruanna) loaded.
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [iConomy] Developed by: [Nijikokun]
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] 280
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] 50
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [Jail] Loaded 5 jail zones.
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [Jail] Loaded 4 prisoners.
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [Jail] Loaded 16 cells.
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [mcdCarpeteer] mcdCarpeteer version 0.1 is enabled!
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [mcdCarpeteer] Take yourself wonder by wonder, using /carpeteer or /mcdc.
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [mcdCarpeteer] Anyone can use the Flying Carpet.
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [MYHOME]: 4 homes loaded
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [WARNING] [MYHOME] A permission plugin isn't loaded.
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [WARNING] [MYHOME] 'Help' isn't detected. No /help support.
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [MYHOME] MyHome 1.9.5 enabled
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] PlgWarp version 2.2 is enabled!
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [RealShop] Uses built-in RealEconomy (/mny commands) as economy system
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [RealShop] version [0.63] (tickleman) loaded
    2011-06-01 21:38:36 [INFO] [SimpleGive] Version 1.2 Permissions system not detected, defaulting to OP
    2011-06-01 21:38:37 [INFO] [SimpleGive] SimpleGive v1.2 by captainawesome7 has been enabled!
    2011-06-01 21:38:37 [INFO] SimpleGodMode is enabled now.
    2011-06-01 21:38:37 [INFO] SimpleHome: Loading homelist...
    2011-06-01 21:38:37 [INFO] done.
    2011-06-01 21:38:37 [INFO] SimpleHome version 1.5 is enabled!
    2011-06-01 21:38:37 [INFO] Superpickaxe v0.1 by DiddiZ enabled
    2011-06-01 21:38:37 [INFO] [Tele++] initializing version [1.3.4]
    2011-06-01 21:38:37 [WARNING] 'Help' not detected. No Help support enabled! Using internal Help
    2011-06-01 21:38:37 [INFO] [Tele++] version [1.3.4] loaded
    2011-06-01 21:38:37 [INFO] WorldEdit 4.4 enabled.
    2011-06-01 21:38:37 [INFO] WorldEdit: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    2011-06-01 21:38:37 [INFO] [xLoginMessage] xLoginMessage v1.0 is enabled!
    2011-06-01 21:38:37 [INFO] Done (0.677s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    2011-06-01 21:38:38 [INFO] Stopping the server..
    2011-06-01 21:38:38 [INFO] Stopping server
    2011-06-01 21:38:38 [INFO] [EasyTP] DISABLED!
    2011-06-01 21:38:38 [INFO] [HeroChat] HeroChat version 4.10.3 disabled.
    2011-06-01 21:38:39 [INFO] [iConomy] Plugin disabled.
    2011-06-01 21:38:39 [INFO] mcdCarpeteer disabled.Thank you for using this plugin!
    2011-06-01 21:38:39 [INFO] PlgWarp version 2.2 stopping...
    2011-06-01 21:38:39 [INFO] [RealShop] version [0.63] (tickleman) un-loaded
    2011-06-01 21:38:39 [INFO] [SimpleGive] SimpleGive v1.2 has been disabled!
    2011-06-01 21:38:39 [INFO] Goodbye world!
    2011-06-01 21:38:39 [INFO] Superpickaxe disabled
    2011-06-01 21:38:39 [INFO] [Tele++] saving configuration
    2011-06-01 21:38:39 [INFO] [xLoginMessage] xLoginMessage v1.0 is disabled!
    2011-06-01 21:38:39 [INFO] Saving chunks
    2011-06-01 21:38:40 [INFO] Saving chunks
    2011-06-01 21:38:40 [INFO] Stopping server
    2011-06-01 21:42:18 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.6.6
    2011-06-01 21:42:18 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-06-01 21:42:18 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-06-01 21:42:18 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-766-g3fc0460-b818jnks (MC: 1.6.6)
    2011-06-01 21:42:18 [INFO] Preparing level "josh's awesome minecraft server"
    2011-06-01 21:42:18 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0
    2011-06-01 21:42:19 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 56%
    2011-06-01 21:42:20 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1
    2011-06-01 21:42:20 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 28%
    2011-06-01 21:42:22 [SEVERE] tried to access class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl$1RefreshTask from class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl initializing Permissions v3.1 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl$1RefreshTask from class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl
        at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.<init>(ModularControl.java:53)
        at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.setupPermissions(Permissions.java:167)
        at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onLoad(Permissions.java:127)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:106)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:232)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:219)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:146)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-06-01 21:42:22 [INFO] [EasyTP] Enabled.
    2011-06-01 21:42:22 [INFO] [FirstSpawn] version 2  booted.
    2011-06-01 21:42:22 [INFO] [HeroChat] HeroChat version 4.10.3 enabled.
    2011-06-01 21:42:22 [INFO] [iConomy] Logging is currently disabled.
    2011-06-01 21:42:22 [INFO] [iConomy] v5.0 (Eruanna) loaded.
    2011-06-01 21:42:22 [INFO] [iConomy] Developed by: [Nijikokun]
    2011-06-01 21:42:22 [INFO] 280
    2011-06-01 21:42:22 [INFO] 50
    2011-06-01 21:42:22 [INFO] [Jail] Loaded 5 jail zones.
    2011-06-01 21:42:22 [INFO] [Jail] Loaded 4 prisoners.
    2011-06-01 21:42:22 [INFO] [Jail] Loaded 16 cells.
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [mcdCarpeteer] mcdCarpeteer version 0.1 is enabled!
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [mcdCarpeteer] Take yourself wonder by wonder, using /carpeteer or /mcdc.
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [mcdCarpeteer] Restricted to: []
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Permissions Found
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [MultiVerse] - Version 1.7 Enabled
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Found iConomy, enabling payments.
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading World & Settings - 'josh's awesome minecraft server' - NORMAL
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [MultiVerse] 1 - World(s) loaded.
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading Portals
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [MultiVerse] 0 - Portal(s) loaded.
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [MYHOME]: 4 homes loaded
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [MYHOME] Permissions enabled using: Permissions v3.1
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [WARNING] [MYHOME] 'Help' isn't detected. No /help support.
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [MYHOME] MyHome 1.9.5 enabled
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [Permissions] version [3.1] (Yeti)  loaded
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [HeroChat] Permissions 3.1 found.
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [iConomy] hooked into Permissions.
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Found Permissions, enabling commands.
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] PlgWarp version 2.2 is enabled!
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [RealShop] Uses built-in RealEconomy (/mny commands) as economy system
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [RealShop] version [0.63] (tickleman) loaded
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [SimpleGive] Version 1.2 Permissions system detected!
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [SimpleGive] SimpleGive v1.2 by captainawesome7 has been enabled!
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] SimpleGodMode is enabled now.
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] SimpleHome: Loading homelist...
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] done.
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] SimpleHome version 1.5 is enabled!
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] Superpickaxe v0.1 by DiddiZ enabled
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [Tele++] initializing version [1.3.4]
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [WARNING] 'Help' not detected. No Help support enabled! Using internal Help
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [Tele++] version [1.3.4] loaded
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] WorldEdit 4.4 enabled.
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] WorldEdit: Permissions plugin detected! Using Permissions plugin for permissions.
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] [xLoginMessage] xLoginMessage v1.0 is enabled!
    2011-06-01 21:42:23 [INFO] Done (0.484s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] Stopping the server..
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] Stopping server
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] [EasyTP] DISABLED!
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] [HeroChat] HeroChat version 4.10.3 disabled.
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] [iConomy] Plugin disabled.
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] mcdCarpeteer disabled.Thank you for using this plugin!
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] [MultiVerse] - Disabled
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [SEVERE] Error occurred while disabling Permissions v3.1 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onDisable(Permissions.java:135)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:771)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:269)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:262)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.disablePlugins(CraftServer.java:123)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.stop(MinecraftServer.java:260)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:341)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] WorldEdit: Permissions plugin detected! Using Permissions plugin for permissions.
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] PlgWarp version 2.2 stopping...
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] [RealShop] version [0.63] (tickleman) un-loaded
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] [SimpleGive] SimpleGive v1.2 has been disabled!
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] Goodbye world!
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] Superpickaxe disabled
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] [Tele++] saving configuration
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] [xLoginMessage] xLoginMessage v1.0 is disabled!
    2011-06-01 21:42:37 [INFO] Saving chunks
    2011-06-01 21:42:38 [INFO] Saving chunks
    2011-06-01 21:42:38 [INFO] Stopping server
    2011-06-01 21:42:38 [INFO] Saving chunks

once again here are my errors. there are no useres on but they are not able to put down or break blocks while permissions is in effect

15. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

heres a tip...take out the "info" subs on groups.yml and/or users.yml....and the suffix and prefix too and other below the "info"sub...it says on the permissions website they take out that part...see if it works

nvm...i found the problem
    copy paste the code below and your good to go

Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                build: false
            inheritance: null
            permissions:
                - 'commandbook.who'
                - 'commandbook.motd'
                - 'commandbook.rules'
                - 'commandbook.kit.list'
                - 'commandbook.spawn'
                - 'commandbook.msg'
                - 'commandbook.say.me'
                - 'commandbook.whois'
        Moderator:
            info:
            inheritance:
                - Vip
            permissions:
                - 'commandbook.kit.diamond'
                - 'commandbook.give.*'
                - 'commandbook.more.*'
                - 'commandbook.time.*'
                - 'commandbook.spawnmob.*'
                - 'commandbook.weather.*'
                - 'commandbook.slap.*'
                - 'commandbook.kick'
                - 'commandbook.ban'
                - 'vanish.*'
        Vip:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'commandbook.who'
                - 'commandbook.motd'
                - 'commandbook.rules'
                - 'commandbook.kit.list'
                - 'commandbook.spawn'
                - 'commandbook.msg'
                - 'commandbook.say.me'
                - 'commandbook.whois'
                - 'commandbook.kick'
                - 'commandbook.time.*'
        Admin:
            info:
                  suffix: '[Admin]'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

16. Offline

Austin sapp

Probably a stupid question; but could someone just give me an example command for changing the user "Foo" to the group "Bar" in game? I can't seem to get the syntax right.

17. Offline

blutherz

sorry the "Guide" to transition the 2.X to 3.x config files....is bullshit...im reading it now again and again for 2 hours and don't understand.....i have 6 worlds on my server with 6 different permissions and now im full busted.....

help.....

EDIT: ok know i had understand....

I used all old config files and split them and it looks like all works...
    only left question:
    How to use:

globalGroups.yml
    globalUsers.yml
    storageconfig.yml

18. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

what part of it u dont understand particularly?
    i'll walk you throught it
    the changes are pretty simple

u just have to put the groups and users separately
    dont put anything in storageconfig.yml
    if u have multiple worlds just copy the groups and users configuration from that world config.yml individually to the
    new groups.yml and users.yml configuration

XD...lol...this instructions is more complicated
    so just follow this instead...its in the first paragraph of the permissions website

For every world file <world>.yml, create a new directory named <world>, and create users.yml and groups.yml in that folder. In <world>/users.yml, copy all the users from the original <world>.yml into it, and for <world>/groups.yml, copy all the groups from the original into it.

Also, for every user, change group: <groupname> to
    Code:
    groups:
        - <groupname>
    This should be all the changes you need to make for now.

19. Offline

Takel

Post a copy of your config files and I do mean the files on a filesharing site like mediafire or something and I'll take a look at them. If possible, have a copy of the 2.x configs as well.

20. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

oh yeah...that is more easier...post the config file and we'll do all the work for you...didnt think of that one...i was trying my best to help her to understand the stuff

21. Offline

Jeyge

The easiest way would be to add them to the Bar group using "/pr Foo parents add Bar". If you want to clean up any old groups they belonged to, you can then use "/pr Foo parents remove <old group>". If you are looking for the promotion way, see my post on page 6 or 1 page back.

22. Offline

blutherz

thank you all!

23. Offline

manura133

Thanks for the reply!
    MyHome is not the problem. Spathizilla gave me a dev build of MyHome 2.0, it works great. It seems like the problem is more or less MyWarp. I write more or less because if I only use Permisssions and MyWarp, everything runs fine. When I add some other plugins the errors occur in the log. This happens not after a certain plugin. It is more like you add 10 plugins and after the 11th -> errors.
    The dev of MyWarp has set the actual "old" version of it (1.10.7) to [818] so I don't think there will be an update. In his opinion it is a problem with Permisssions 3.
    I am at my wit's end...

24. Offline

Takel

I'm assuming you're still using yml files for your world configuration. Your storageconfig.yml should look like this:
    Code:
    permissions:
        storage:
    You can check the wiki page for the details here. Setting up world mirroring/inheritance doesn't quite work yet.

Here's my storageconfig.yml file:
    Code:
    permissions:
        storage:
            worldcopy:
                Nether: MainWorld
            world-inheritance:
                ChildWorld: MainWorld
                TestWorld: MainWorld
    The purpose of the mirror/inheritance is this:
    For my Nether world, I want the exact same permissions as the main world. They are the same world after all.
    For my child world, I want the same permissions as a base. I'll make changes such as changing the permissions for some of the groups or giving people special permissions for that world. There'll be changes to the groups.yml file and some changes to the users.yml file for this world.
    The test world also shares the same permissions set up as the main world, but I'll have everyone with the highest level of world edit permissions since it's just a test world so there will be changes tot he users.yml file.

For now, I just copied over my users/groups.yml files from the main world into the other world folders and make the changes manually.

the globalusers and globalgroups don't seem to work at the moment. You'll probably use those files to create the 'Guest' and 'Admin' groups.

25. Offline

Jeyge

Seeing as the MyHome dev was able to make some fix which removed the problem from his plugin, I would sure think the same could be done for MyWarp but the MyWarp dev has said he may just drop all support of 3.x. That will be too bad if there is actually a bug in his code.

26. Offline

manura133

But can you explain why it works when I only use the two plugins (Permissions and MyWarp).
    Sorry for being nosey but I would really like to know. Is it possible that a plugin just cause a semi break or something.

27. Offline

Darth_Diclonius

Does McMyAdmin play nice with Permissions 3.1?

28. Offline

Jeyge

I wish I knew. I spent hours trying to figure out what was causing it and until the MyHome dev said he had a fix, I don't think anyone had any idea what was causing it. I just tried his GitHub version of MyHome but he hasn't checked in the changes yet.

I think that question can best be answered by maybe. If it has been updated to work with 3.x, then still maybe. I know that doesn't help but McMyAdmin is known to want to use their own permissions and sometimes will mess up a Permissions yml file.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  29. Offline

Darth_Diclonius

I've been testing it out. They're... conflicting to an extent. If the user isn't added in McMyAdmin then they can't login in even if they are in the users.yml. But whatever they're listed as in the users.yml seems to override whatever the user is set in McMyAdmin. Vying for dominance.

Also, it seems McMyAdmin will fill the globalUsers.yml, globalGroups.yml, and storageconfig.yml with whatever you input into it. So it thinks these are the names of the world.

30. Offline

Jeyge

Filling in the global files may not be so bad once the inheritance from globals to the world files is fixed. As long as there is some way to also add things to the world files too that is.

What you posted about the 2 conflicting is exactly what I've experienced while helping people try to get their servers going. I've spent hours trying to get a set of files working only to find they didn't actually add the user to McMyAdmin or the other way around.

31. Offline

Darth_Diclonius

Good news though. Just hopped over to McMyAdmin forums and PR 3.x support is coming this weekend. :) So hopefully we'll see this straightened out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.