Inactive [ADMN] CustomNodes v1.6.3 - Block Commands, Change No-Permission Messages [1.3.1-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by one4me, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Offline

one4me

CustomNodes - Block Commands, Change No-Permission Messages:
    Version: v1.6.3
    CustomNodes lets you create specific permission nodes and no permission messages for any command. You can choose who you want to be able to use certain commands. In order to unlock all the features of this plugin a separate permissions plugin is highly recommended.

Features:
    • Create permission nodes for any command
    • Original node override option
    • Change no-permission message for any command
    • Separate filter settings for each command
    • Support for parent nodes
    • Variable support
    Download:
    CustomNodes.jar -version 1.6.3

Source
    Github

Bukkit Dev:
    CustomNodes

Installation:
    • Put the CustomNodes.jar in your plugins folder
    • An example config file will be created in /plugins/CustomNodes
    • You must reload the plugin or config for any changes to take effect
    Configuration:
    • Example Configuration
    • Variables (these can be used in commands for a more dynamic check)
      • $!PLAYER!$ - Use this in commands where players need to enter their name
      • $!NOTPLAYER!$ - Use this to block players entering in names other than their own
      • + - Use this before the command to skip any other checks if the player has the node
    Commands:
    • /customnodes config - Shows all config commands for CustomNodes
    • /customnodes info - Shows information about CustomNodes
    • /customnodes reload - Reloads CustomNodes
    • /customnodes config fix - Fixes the config.txt
    • /customnodes config new - Creates a new config.txt
    • /customnodes config reload - Reloads the config.txt
    Permissions:
    • customnodes.bypass
      • Lets a user bypass any custom node
    • customnodes.commands
      • Lets a user use any command for CustomNodes
    • customnodes.*
      • Lets a user use any command for CustomNodes and bypass any custom node
    • Also any permissions added in the config
    Changelog:

Version 1.6.3 - 20120725
    • Added + variable
    Version 1.6.2 - 20120807
    • Various internal improvements
    • Fixed a minor bug dealing with the $!NOTPLAYER!$ variable
    • Removed /customnodes config example
    • Added /customnodes info
    • Added "cn" as an alias for commands using "customnodes"
    Version 1.6.1 - 20120702
    • Fixed bugs dealing with variables
    • Added option to override original node
    Version 1.6.0 - 20120627
    • Added /customnodes config fix
    • Added option to auto fix config.txt
    • Added LICENSE.txt to jar
    Changelog (open)

Version 1.5.1 - 20120620
    • added $!PLAYER!$ variable and $!NOTPLAYER!$ variable
    Version 1.5.0 - 20120608
    • config.txt is now only loaded once on startup
    • Added in support for custom parent nodes
    • Added /customnodes reload
    • Added /customnodes config update
    • Added /customnodes config new
    Version 1.1.0 - 20120601
    • Added option to change filter settings (currently the only settings are HIGH and LOW)
    • Added option to check if your config.txt is outdated
    Version 1.0.1 - 20120601
    • Changed priority level
    Version 1.0.0 - 20120601
    • Release

mahari3 and Joshuame13 like this.
  2. Offline

Gawdzahh

This is a nice simple idea, Good work one4me!

3. Offline

md_5

Removed changelog from spoiler, approved.

4. Offline

Michy382

Wait....? So I would be able to change the permission node for any plugin? BooYah! :D Thanks

5. Offline

one4me

Not exactly, you can create new nodes for any commands, but if a command already requires a node the person still has to have the required node.

"Here's an example of what I mean, say the commands part of your config looks something like this -
    Command: /stop
    Node: custom.stop
    Filter: LOW

This will check if whatever the player types equals /stop,
    If it matches it will then check if the player has the custom.stop node
    If the player does not have the node it will cancel the command and tell the player "No!"
    Now if the player does have the custom.stop node, Bukkit would still check to see if the player has the normal permission node for /stop which in this case would be bukkit.command.stop"

So although it doesn't change the original node, it lets you create extra nodes and set a no-permission message for any command. Sorry if you misunderstood.

6. Offline

Michy382

Oh ok, thanks!

It didn't work with the IWarnYou plugin. Here is my config.
    Code:
    Options:
        Config Version: 1.6.0
        Auto Fix: TRUE
        Console Logging: TRUE
        Default Message: [CustomNodes] You do not have permission!
    Commands:
        Command: /warn
            Node: custom.warn
            Fitler: HIGH

and Yes I did give myself the Permission for custom.warn

I use GroupManager for Permissions

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  7. Offline

one4me

With your config, in order to use /warn you would need the nodes - iwarnyou.warn and custom.warn.

If you want /warn to be blocked and to have the custom no-permission message, just make sure you do not have custom.warn.
    Also in your config, use use § instead of & to get the message colored.
    Because this plugin doesn't actually change already existing permission nodes you still need the original node as well as the custom node for the command to run.

On a side note, I'll be looking into some way of overriding the original node in a few days.

8. Offline

Michy382

Example please? Like show me a Config example.

9. Offline

one4me

A config like the one below will block the command '/warn' if a player does not have custom.warn, however in order to use the command '/warn' the player would need both custom.warn and iwarnyou.warn.

Code:
    Options:
    Commands:
            Fitler: HIGH

I'll be uploading a newer version hopefully within a few days that gives people the option to not require the original node, but until then you will need to use both the original and custom node for the command to run. Sorry for the confusion.

10. Offline

Michy382

Testing right now Hope fully will work :)

Code:
    ##############################################################################################################
    #                                                                                                           
    #                                CustomNodes 1.6.0 Example Configuration                                   
    #                                  Copyright (C) 2012  [email protected]                                   
    #                              Don't worry about getting the right spacing                                 
    #                      Indents are only used to make the configuration easier to read                       
    #                              Lines starting with "#" are removed on updates                               
    #                              Use the '§' key to add color to your messages                               
    #                              http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/customnodes/                               
    #Options:                                                                                                   
    #    Config Version: #.#.# (Do not change this unless your config follows the correct format)               
    #    Auto Fix: TRUE (If set to TRUE the config will fix itself when a new version is installed)   
    #    Console Logging: TRUE (If set to TRUE every command that gets canceled will be logged)                 
    #    Default Message: §c[CustomNodes] You do not have permission.                                             
    #Commands:                                                                                                 
    #    Command: /CNExample (Put whatever command you want on this line)                                       
    #        Node: CNExample.* (Put whatever permissions node you want on this line)                           
    #        Message: [Permission Message] (If this setting is left blank, it will use the default message)     
    #        Filter: HIGH or LOW (If this setting is left blank, it will default to HIGH)                       
    #                                                                                                           
    ##############################################################################################################
    Options
    Commands:
        Command: §c/warn
            Filter: HIGH

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  11. Offline

one4me

Michy382
    Hey, download CustomNodes.jar -version 1.6.1, set your config to look like the one below, and tell me what happens.

Code:
    #                                                                                                         
    #                                CustomNodes 1.6.1 Example Configuration                                 
    #                                  Copyright (C) 2012  [email protected]                                 
    #                              Don't worry about getting the right spacing                               
    #                      Indents are only used to make the configuration easier to read                     
    #                              Lines starting with "#" are removed on updates                             
    #                              Use the '§' key to add color to your messages                             
    #                              http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/customnodes/                             
    #Options:                                                                                                 
    #    Config Version: #.#.# (Do not change this unless your config follows the correct format)             
    #    Auto Fix: TRUE (If set to TRUE the config will fix itself when a new version is installed)           
    #    Console Logging: TRUE (If set to TRUE every command that gets canceled will be logged)               
    #    Override: FALSE (If set to TRUE only the custom node will be required for a command to run)         
    #    Default Message: §c[CustomNodes] You do not have permission.                                         
    #Commands:                                                                                               
    #    Command: /CNExample (Put whatever command you want on this line)                                     
    #        Node: CNExample.* (Put whatever permissions node you want on this line)                         
    #        Message: [Permission Message] (If this setting is left blank, it will use the default message)   
    #        Filter: HIGH or LOW (If this setting is left blank, it will default to HIGH)                     
    #                                                                                                         
    Options:
        Config Version: 1.6.1
        Override: TRUE
    Commands:
            Node: customnodes.warn
            Filter: HIGH

12. Offline

Michy382

Thanks! Works like a charm!

13. Offline

nanights

OMG thank you!

14. Offline

mahari3

one4me
    Thanks for this, this will REALLY help me shorten my permissions.yml!

15. Offline

one4me

I've updated this to 1.3.1-R1.0, see the changelog to see what's different.

16. Offline

xRocom

Is there any permissions plugins for 1.3.1?

17. Offline

one4me

bPermissions has released a version for 1.3.1 and although I haven't checked the other permission plugins, I don't see why they wouldn't update as well.

18. Offline

SpadeTown

Hey one4me i have a question if you would do it for me?