[ADMIN][LINUX ONLY] Craftmon - Server Log Parser

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by sean.m.rice, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sean.m.rice

Craftmon

(Yes the links are verified wget friendly)

So I'd like to help out the Bukkit devs a little bit, as well as all server admins looking for errors and events who don't want to keep entering a bunch of commands to find things in the server log. I wrote this initially for Rice-Think.net, and I wanted to give back to the community.

To run the script, download it the folder where your craftbukkit.jar is located, then run the following command:
    Code:
    chmod +x craftmon ; sh craftmon

This will create a craftmon.d directory, where all parsed logs will be located from here on out. This will also create a words.txt file that you can use to log things that are less important to view individually (see the README for more info) into a concatenated log (mon.log).
    Essentially this script just filters the the server log(s) via grep and outputs the data to logs that are faster to scan through. This script is very much in its infancy, and I have several items that are still being planned and implemented (see the bottom of the README file).

As for helping out the Bukkit devs, this makes it VERY simple to find the endOfStream errors, so you can easily grab them and show them in the endOfStream section of the forum.

If you're interested, cool, I'd love to hear from you about things you want/need in this. My e-mail is [email protected], feel free to contact me whenever about this.

If you're not, cool as well, don't download and use it.

-Sean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.