[ADMIN/FUN] GameMode v1.1 - Swap game modes fast [1240]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by scranner, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Offline

scranner

GameMode - The helpful game mode plugin!

V1.0

this plugin is light weight and allows users to swap between game modes if they have the correct permission nodes of course!

Commands

/gm help
    /gm toggle - toggles between survival and creative
    /gm c - sets your game mode to creative
    /gm s - sets your game mode to survival
    /gm s (username) - set anothers game mode to survival
    /gm c (username) - set anothers game mode to creative

Permission nodes - This uses permission bukkit!

gm.admin
    full command access includes below and change others game modes

gm.survival
    allows you to change to survival

gm.creative
    allows you to change to creative

Download Link

<font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)"><Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>
    <font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)"> Source</font>

Changelog:

v1.1
    added /gm toggle
    fixed bugs

v1.0
    initial release

v0.2
    bug fixing

v0.1
    Finished coding

Like my plugin? why not donate!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
  2. Offline

nicksroom10

Doesn't let me use /gm c even though I'm an admin and have all permissions. Help? :/

3. Offline

ALufkin24

I'm having the same problem. I don't think it is supported by permsEX. And when I check /help. It says 'gm:null'.

4. Offline

scranner

i only support bPermissions

5. Offline

Taketheword

Everytime I try to Change someone elses gamemode it says "user is not online."

6. Offline

PatPeter

I made several modifications to your GameMode plugin. The biggest problems were that /gm toggle was redundant because when you use a parameter it isn't a toggle anymore. Now when you type /gm it will toggle. Also, your gm.survival and gm.creative permissions were redundant. Basically you had to have both the permissions to change your own game mode or gm.admin. Permissions are supposed to be autonomous; if you need two to accomplish one task they are redundant.

I also reimplemented using 0 and 1 for creative and survival, as well as keeping the default structure of gm <player> <mode>. Your onEnable(), onDisable(), and usage() had way too much text so I shortened them.

Also if you copy over plugin.yml change main to me.scranner.GameMode.GameModeWrapper, I forgot to update it.

Attached Files:

7. Offline

Bones6966

Sorry im kind of a nub at making my server but im not to sure on how to set this up.... i have instaled fine but when i use the commands i get the error that i dont have permition. do i have to add it into essentials GM and if so how?

8. Offline

scranner

i intend to overhaul this plugin soon and fully change how it works as showen above by PatPeter it is masivly irrelavent and outdated so if you want you can hang out for now until i remake it and i have quite a bit of free time today so i hope to do it soon

9. Offline

Bones6966

yo i grabed a similar plugin but if you re-do yours ill take it lol thx for reply

10. Offline

PatPeter

I attached a revised version of your GameMode to my post, but then the administrators removed all attachments from all posts evr'whr'. My version still works perfectly on my server and I like it a lot better than other plugins out currently. Do you want to add me as a developer of GameMode on GitHub so I can upload it? I believe that should work though I'm more used to using Subversion.

11. Offline

connerreinhardt

Can you please update so this is compatible with 1.2.3-R0.1 Beta Build.

12. Try this:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/gamemodenoplace-prevent-users-pl/

I'll implement this shorteners soon!

You can now download the version w/ the commands here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/gamemodenoplace-prevent-users-pl/files/3-game-mode-no-place-v1-3/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
    connerreinhardt likes this.
  13. Offline

PatPeter

I'm waiting for scranner's permission on GitHub.

14. Offline

PatPeter

15. Offline

md_5

Long time no see scranner. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5