Inactive [ADMIN] Chunkster

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by XeonProductions, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

beleg

so, chunkster is only running if the world is corrupted? thats bad because I just tried exactly that and chunkster runned for 20 minutes than I stopped it. :/
    If thats true I probably have to start a new world (mine is 1 gb big and I dont know if chunkster can handle this?)

2. Offline

MissPicket

To be honest, I'm absolutely no pro, it tooks me ages this morning to figure out how to run it! What did you see in the terminal, was it giving you messages? That's all you can go on... instructions for this thing are dismal!

3. Offline

Kore_Rekon

Does this still work with the Anvil map format, or does it need to be updated?

4. Offline

Fuzzlr

I ran Chunkster before updating to 1.2 just in case.

5. Offline

Huns

Nope, looks like it needs to be updated.

Huge hassle... most or all of the programs that do map analysis are either completely incompatible, or only partially incompatible. I really hope they don't change the map format again. These utilities are written by volunteers, and they don't necessarily have several days to sit around and re-engineer their software!

6. Offline

Darkhand81

Minecraft Region Fixer and MCEdit are already updated to Anvil, just takes a bit of time. ;)

7. Offline

Dreamskiller

Question ; I've got a map with inverted chunks, does this tool can correct this ? :(

8. Offline

_Robert

Hey XeonProductions , are you working in an update? Really need this for my server's health :(.

9. Offline

Dreamskiller

Apparently, it does not (running 1.2, not Anvil).

Damn, I don't even know how those chunks have been inverted

10. Offline

ylluminate

Big vote up for an update here. Experiencing world corruption post 1.2.x update and it's really creating problems due to a power outage.

11. Offline

TheFluffey

Requesting an update for the new minecraft maps... 1.2.3

12. Offline

Kimoshnikov

Hm. Anyone able to find a replacement? The author appears to have vanished.

also, there REALLY needs to be a tool like this that simply comes with minecraft. It's such a basic and obvious tool that would be required by ANY map, single player or non...

13. Offline

levisn1

how to use mc edit to repair a world? my server still have lag cous i have a 36gb og log files..pls help me..

14. Offline

_Robert

Delete de LOG FILE! D:

15. Offline

Kainzo

Has anyone updated this for 1.2?

16. Offline

XeonProductions

Are maps still getting corrupted in 1.2+? I can rewrite chunkster for the new world format.

XxBoonexX and HappyPikachu like this.
  17. Offline

chazus

Maps are still very much being corrupted in 1.2. Perhaps even moreso. I have about 40-60 maps waiting in queue that I can't really fix easily without chunkster. I have other tools, but they are proving to be unreliable.

18. Offline

blockblockman

I think a lot of maps are geting jacked up in the upgrade process. Currently have a map that we cant access because of errors.

19. Offline

shanko

So this doesnt work anymore? =/ I was using it on 2.3 maps thinking it was doing something

20. you should do it

21. Offline

shanko

please do! :D

22. Offline

chilldy

Yes please rewrite it! Have to constantly restart my server because there is a bad chunk somewhere.

23. Offline

mpuk_cl0ne

An update of this app would be ~really~ awesome!

24. Offline

TheBeast808

I would love an update. There is a chunk in one of my Donator's private worlds that crashes anybody as soon as it is loaded, and corrupts their game file so they can't log back in until I delete it. I need to fix it somehow, but I can't find any other tool.

25. Offline

olimoli123

Can't wait. :)

26. Offline

Wahrheit

XeonProductions an update would be great, speaking on behalf of the Multiplay tech support. :)

27. XeonProductions Please update this! My world got corrupted when my server crashed, currently when I try to run it it starts the scan and then comes up with "Press any key to continue ..." which closes Command Prompt.

Thanks
    Keir

28. Offline

Devianttwo

@XeonProduction We could really use an update for this. I have 2 customers who have corrupted maps during 1.2 and chunkster doesn't work currently. Me and my entire FragCorner tech support staff need this plugin asap.

29. Offline

ACallander

Reason #1 to warn customers that bukkit is dev build and shouldn't be used for production servers.

30. Actually there is a beta build which is stable enough and maps still get corrupted on RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.