Adding Custom Generators to a vanilla world - Pls help D:

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ChintziSecilMC, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ChintziSecilMC

So i cracked the way of adding custom generated structures to a custom generator world, but i would like to add generators to a regular minecraft world when you create it, so basically i know how to add generated structures to a world with a custom generator but im not sure how to add custom generated structures to regular default minecraft world, does anyone know how to do this?

im thankful for any help i can get :)

2. @ChintziSecilMC
    So basicly you just want a new type of world generation, cracking vanilla world would just be useless then.

3. Offline

ChintziSecilMC

@megamichiel How would that be useless? i want to make more generations in normal minecraft such as more temples and stuff like that, plus im making a survival server so its good for that, and your calling it useless?

4. Offline

danieltabrizian

5. Offline

Konato_K

@ChintziSecilMC Use a populator instead, they are intended to be used for ores, decorations and structures.

6. Offline

ChintziSecilMC

@Konato_K i am using populators, okay so i know how do it all the hole generate structures thing i know how to do all that, i am just wondering if anyone knows how to apply those to a regular minecraft world instead of a world with a custom generator

7. Offline

Konato_K

@ChintziSecilMC I think it's the same way, I don't know what method are you using but as far I remember the world has a method called getPopulators or something like that, it returns a collection and you can call #add on it

8. @ChintziSecilMC @danieltabrizian
    There's a difference between generators and populators :/. A generator is the thing that generates the terrain, and a populator is the one that generates the structures. Thats the reason I called it useless.

9. Offline

ChintziSecilMC

@megamichiel i know, what im trying to say is im wanting to know how to make custom structures such as desert temples, dungeons and stuff like and add them to a vanilla world, so i know how to make my own custom structure but i do not know how to add it to a regular world.

10. @ChintziSecilMC
    I think you would do this by making your plugin load on STARTUP, and then listening for a WorldLoadEvent, then check if it's the world you want, and call world.getPopulators() and add your own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.