Question Acquisition of knowledge about moding

Discussion in 'General Help' started by ErikAxe, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ErikAxe

I am 15 and I want to learn to program and to make a plugin or to mod Minecraft in a way or another but I don't know where to start... what should I know for making a plugin?What tools do I need?What do I have to learn to be able to make those mods/plugins and so on???Where I start?

2. Offline

Binner_Done

You should start by learning java. Then come back here and we will help you on your steps to becoming a pro!

3. @Binner_Done A pro? I thought we made them into subject y after subject x was such a disaster.

@ErikAxe Start by learning Java either through the official tutorials or someone such as thenewboston. Once you've learned Java come here and learn Bukkit from the official tutorials

4. Offline

mcdorli

Books about java are awesome too (in some cases), but try to get a real book, and not something from e.g. the play book store on android. And NEVER. EVER. learn from TheBCBroz. His tutorials are bad and incorrect in most cases.

5. Offline

oceantheskatr

Also for Java it may be good to consider taking courses if your school offers it. That's what I did, and it was really nice to be able to ask my teacher for help and get him to explain something better if I didn't understand it yet.

6. Offline

mcdorli

I'm the only one here, whos school didn't had any of such courses? It looks like that...I hate my countrys attitude to coding.

7. Offline

oceantheskatr

And yet your country needs it :p

8. Offline

mcdorli

Seriously, 3 days ago I helped a girl in informatic class by programming ("programming"). After I showed her what's wrong, she asked me, how can I program so good. I told her that I learned it at home, and she asked "You code in your free time?" with a tone, like this sentence was came from the bottom of the hell, from somewhere beneath Lucifer. I don't mind any language corrections, I'm a bit tired.

The only thing came from my country wich has something to do with game or software programming are the models and the trailer of AC 3.

9. Offline

oceantheskatr

@mcdorli What country do you live in?

10. Offline

mcdorli

Hungary. Why?

11. Offline

oceantheskatr

@mcdorli I was curious :p Regardless, software runs the world so forget what she said ;)

12. Offline

mcdorli

The second biggest issue, that because of money issues, no one translates programming books. Basically, there is no way you can gather up to date infomration in your mother language

13. Offline

oceantheskatr

@mcdorli Yeah I got a bit lucky growing up in Canada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.