Library [1.8] ParticleEffect v1.7

Discussion in 'Resources' started by DarkBladee12, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

4thegame3

Can you tell me why this code displays particles only for 20 blocks and then they disappear?
    Code:
            List<Entity> nearEntities = entity.getNearbyEntities(range, range, range);
            List<Player> nearPlayers = new ArrayList<Player>();
            for(Entity entity:nearEntities){
                if(entity instanceof Player)
                    nearPlayers.add((Player)entity);
            }
            effect.display(0F, 0F, 0F, effectMeta.getSpeed(), effectMeta.getAmount(), entity.getLocation(),nearPlayers);

2. Offline

Petersoj

Hmm I seem to be having a problem with the radius even if I set the radius value to 50. I seems to only display in a 20 block radius or so. I am using Bukkit 1.8.8. Any Ideas?

3. Offline

Julian13loco

Code:
    if(REDSTONE.containsKey(p.getName())){
            p.sendMessage(ChatColor.GREEN + "Particle Disabled!");
            Bukkit.getScheduler().cancelTask(REDSTONE.get(p.getName()));
            REDSTONE.remove(p.getName());
            return true;
            }

int redstonetask = Bukkit.getServer().getScheduler().scheduleSyncRepeatingTask(this, new Runnable() {

@Override
            public void run() {
            ParticleEffect.BLOCK_CRACK.display(new BlockData(Material.STONE, (byte) 0), 1F, 1F, 1F, 1F, 1, p.getLocation(), 30);   
            }
            }, 0, 1L);
            REDSTONE.put(p.getName(), redstonetask);

@DarkBladee12 I got some problems with ParticleEffect Block Crack. When I use new BlockData it is red underlined. Hopefully you can help me!

4. Offline

mcdorli

What does the IDE says? BTW.: You shouldn't use this lib. It's very easy to send packets yourself, and this library has some bad code in it.

5. Offline

Julian13loco

@mcdorli it's says BlockData cannot be resolved to a type.

6. Offline

mcdorli

I don't see any problem here. Try to save.

7. Offline

Julian13loco

@mcdorli when I save it the error still stays there.

8. Offline

essem2

you need to import <your package with the lib>.ParticleEffect.BlockData;

9. Offline

Julian13loco

10. I have used this library for my 1.8 plugin that is used on 1.7.10 servers that use a certain mod.
    The Lib works fine on my 1.7.9 test server, however it has been reported to not work on 1.7.10 cauldron servers.

Do you know anything about this and is there any reason why it would work on 1.7.9 & 1.8 but not 1.7.10??
    Or do you have any 1.7.10 old classes please? I find Jenkins really hard to navigate but i still think they are all 1.8.

Thanks, here was there error:
    http://pastebin.com/VgRthzhi

There Server version:
    [​IMG]

Thanks, please reply ASAP

11. Offline

mcdorli

Cauldron is not 100% bukkit. That's it. There is no particle packet in it

12. Lost my plugin along with the rewritten version of this library during a Windows reinstall (the one folder I forgot to backup :(). I've started rewriting it again, and I'm wondering if the whole point of the initialize() method in ParticlePacket is just for some laziness? If so, that would make a whole lot more sense that it did before I knew what laziness was :p

13. Offline

HeavyMine13

How can I color my redstone :O?

14. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@HeavyMine13
    Take a look at this class.

HeavyMine13 likes this.
  15. Offline

DarkBladee12

@JjStAr992_Gaming
    The initialize Method is there, because you can call it when your plugin enables and catch the exception and then do something special like disabling it again or sending a warning message. That's also why it's public^^

@mcdorli
    Tell me which parts of the code are bad and i'll work on making them better ;)

16. How can i make the REDSTONE Dust with different colors?

17. Offline

GamerzKing

ParticleEffect.REDSTONE.display(new ParticleEffect.OrdinaryColor(Color.fromRGB(red, green, blue)), location1, 50);

18. Offline

electracraft023

I get the error on
    Code:
    PacketType.PacketPlayOutWorldParticles
    PacketType isn't picking up anything.
    And that is in the ParticleEffect class.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  19. Offline

thorvaldemar

How would you make a particle force? You know like the command. For eksampel: /particle explode ~ ~ ~ 0 0 0 0.1 10 force

20. Offline

mcdorli

I don't understand what ypu mean?

21. Offline

thorvaldemar

If you type the command i wrote you can se the particles anywhere you are in the world, but if you're dont write the force you would only see the particles if you stand a few blocks away from them... So my quest is how i would do that with code... I hope you understood my question and thanks for answering :D

22. Offline

mcdorli

Use Boolean.parseBoolean(<The last argument you got from the command>), this way you can get if the player typed in true or false, then you simply pass this to the constructor.

23. Offline

TheSporech

Where do I download this?

24. Offline

mcdorli

There's a link to a jenkins page at the end of the first paragraph.

25. Offline

thorvaldemar

@mcdorli Again thanks for answering, but it wosen't that i ment. I just mean when your play the particles you can only see them a few blocks a away and my question is how do i do so i can see them from a far distance away???
    I'm really sorry if it was my bad english it's not my national langues ;)

26. Offline

mcdorli

Set the visibility to very high. 256 (the default value) is 16 chunks, that should be enoug IMO.

27. Offline

thorvaldemar

Ohhh... That is what range is. Now it all make sence. I thought it was how big the particle cloud should be, if you know what i mean... Thanks

28. Offline

TheSporech

I tried it, the link doesn't work for me. Probably a connection issue.

29. Offline

TheSporech

Nope, the link is broken. Anywhere else I can download?

30. Offline

mcdorli

He posted the 2 class you need, copy and paste them, or just manage particles yourself (it's 3 line to create one)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.